Chapter 14: Apprehending the Chairman and the Bounty Hunter's Return

Obi-Wan Kenobi POV

As the gunship flew towards the Banking Clan's main tower, I sat down against the ship's blast shield and sighed, I turned to the recently woken Arc Trooper Captain and asked "Are you alright?" Fordo held his hand to the side of his helmet, as if regaining his senses before he responded "Yes sir, I'm fine."

I nodded. saying "Good." Before falling silent. The fight was Y/N hadn't gone as I'd intended. I hadn't expected him to improve as much as he had. I wasn't out of the fight when the gunship arrived, I did have a trick up my sleeve, but I don't know how much longer a duel between us would have gone.

My thought process was cut off when the pilot's voice was heard informing us. "We're coming up on the tower now." I slowly got to my feet, turning to Fordo yet again and asking "Are you sure you're fit for this operation?"

The captain nodded before replying "Definitely." I stated "Right." Before turning to the other troopers in the gunship and saying "Let's do this. Remember, our target is the Banking Clan's chairman San Hill. We can expect him to be protected so be on your guard."

I'll admit, I was curious to see what else Hill had up his sleeve, between Y/N and that Bounty Hunter, he wasn't exactly pulling punches. All the troopers responded to be orders in unison as they exclaimed "Sir yes sir!"

At this point, the blast doors all opened up revealing the top of the large tower beneath us. Two more gunships joined us as I stared down at the ceiling of the building. After a moments pause, I gave the order. "Deploy ziplines!"

Each Clone did exactly as instructed and sent out lines that attached to the edges of the ceiling. One by one they slid down until each one had landed. From there they each began placing timed charges.

I leapt from the gunship and landed behind them. Fordo turned to me and told me "We're all set General." I stepped forward, placing my hand on his shoulder as I responded "Very well, let's end this battle Captain."

Within a few minutes each one exploded granting us a giant entry point looking directly into a large room. The troopers all opened fire, raining down blue blaster bolts onto the droids who barely had time to form a counter attack.

The troopers descended into the room and continued to blast the droids. They had no trouble dealing with the standard battle droids however things became slightly more complicated when I noticed several of those Droidekas roll into the room and open fire. 

That was when I jumped in, igniting my saber once again, I dived down, dropping into the large room. Fortunately, they hadn't activated their shields yet so I managed to cut one, turning I did the same to a second, before pushing it back into a third.

A fourth fired at me however I swiftly blocked the rounds before hurling my saber towards it. The blue blade shot out and impaled the droid through its centre. I used the Force to pull it back to me causing the droid to explode. Just as I caught my saber, I heard Fordo addressing me "General."

Turning, I saw him stood with his hand placed firmly on the shoulder of San Hill. The Muun raised his hands in a cowardly, pleading gesture as he begged "Mercy, I beg you. I am merely a Banker."

This guy was the asset Y/N was protecting? It made sense, the Banking Clan likely supplied his Shipwright's Guild with the credits used to build their ships. And if I'm not mistaken, the Shipwright's Guild built the Banking Clan's own ships in return.

I couldn't help but smirk as I responded to Hill's plea. "That is entirely up to you. And your unconditional surrender." It was at this point I heard something, a whirring noise like that of a jetpack. Turning to its source, I ignited my lightsaber again just as a figure burst through.