Stay

It wasn't hard to travel with Chishiya. Travel at night, it's safer. And you two had taken some of the food from the Jack of Hearts arena so it wasn't like there was shortness of rations.

"I'm going in alone," he said as you both stared up at the balloon.

King of Diamonds.

"W-what, no! No, you're not!" You protested, grabbing onto his arm.

He pulled away and gave you a small smile. You had gotten him to do that a lot more recently.

"(Y/N), I promise that I will be fine. And plus, it says only one more participant," he mumbled, noticing the sign in front. You frowned, letting him go. He sighed, turning to you. "If I don't come back in a day, then leave. Because I obviously didn't survive," he instructed. You scoffed, and walked up to him. You leaned down and hugged him tightly.

"Don't be dumb, and hurry back," you whispered, letting him go.

————————
"I think they're just jealous," you giggled, throwing a pillow at him. "Jealous of what?" Niragi scoffed, putting the pillow next to him.

"I dunno... maybe that we're better than them," you laughed, sitting next to him. He sighed, pushing his glasses up. You traced the scars on his face, and smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"Just because," you said. "Just... because I'm with you."

——————
The sweet relief of death would have been better than the pain he was in.

That's why when the old man asked him to kill him, he refused. Not because of some high moral code, gods no, he had run out of morals a while back, but why should others be relieved of their pain?

If he couldn't, then neither could they.

Selfish, but that's all he was now at this point.

Back down the familiar road, the same beaten path behind the cream colored house,  the red rose bushes that lined the side of the house. Your favorite.

The path was now overgrown with weeds and vines. But he limped down it anyways.

Straight, left for a couple of feet, turn right, continue straight to the biggest tree in the middle of the forest, willows and wisteria surrounded it.

He placed a gentle hand on the trunk, and leaned his forehead against it.

"Beat you to the treehouse!"

"Come on, it's just a small project, won't take us too long."

"We finally finished!!"

"This is our special place, yeah? No one else's?"
"No one else's (N/N), just ours."

He sighed, and almost laughed at himself when he felt tears in his eyes.

"Damn it... she really was right. This hurts a hell of a lot more than her just killing me," he muttered.

He stumbled back, looking at the sky.

"You hear that?! You were right (Y/N)! Yeah, I'm admitting it!! You were right!!" He screamed up at the air, laughing to himself.

That laughing turned to crying.

Kneeling down on the floor, he cried.

The treehouse represented the start of your friendship, every special moment, every important moment. And right now, it represented the end of that same friendship.
———————
You sat with your back to the wall in front of the building. You anxiously awaited for Chishiya.

You couldn't be alone. He was all you had left right now.

Sighing, you leaned your head back. You couldn't help but feel bad, if felt like you were being to emotionally dependent on him. You knew how Chishiya was. He couldn't even take care of his emotions, how was he supposed to be conscious of yours?

"I... am a sorry excuse for a human being. I deserved to die in the 10 of Hearts along with the monster I allowed myself to love. The monster... of a man that I pathetically let destroy me and my morals. My goodwill. When I die, I'm sure there is a special place in hell set aside just for me," you whispered to yourself, spinning the flower in your hands.

You gripped onto the stem tightly, and looked up, wincing in pain at the thorns cutting into your hand.

You dropped it next to you, and looked at your hand. Blood dripped from your hand down to the pavement.

A smile made it's way to your face. This was just a fraction of the pain you deserved to feel.

———————
You felt his hand in yours as he led you out to a room.

"Can I take it off?" You asked. You felt him sit you down, and his cold hands brush against your face as he untied the blind fold.

It took you a second to adjust to the different lighting, but when you did it was a nice sight.

Decorations in your favorite color and over the top things. You laughed, and hugged him. "Thank you! This is wonderful,"  you whispered. You heard him laugh, and felt his arms wrap around you.

"Anytime (Y/N), happy birthday," he mumbled back to you.
——————-
A broken man, in a field of flowers he used to love.

The one you use to love. He wonders if you still do.

He wondered if deep down you still loved him.

Short chapter but y'all deserved an update sooo

Question: should they get a happy ending? Cause like... sad ending can be arranged. Like your guy's opinion won't change anything, given the fact that I haven't planned out the rest of the book, but it just gives me insight
~(•^•)~
Slay