Chapter Five - Calming Morning

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!!

Loud bangs echoed through Kayleigh's ears waking her up from her slumbers. Only then did she hear her alarm go off, vibrating on her bedside table.

"CAN YOU TURN THAT ALARM OFF?" An annoyed Rowan said barging into the room. He marched over to the phone and turned it off the phone, sighing with relief when the noise stopped.

"Why the hell do you have an alarm for 08:30 am on a Saturday?" Rowan asked resting his head against the wall with a headache in the back of his head.

"I usually wake up from them," Kayleigh said confused she never oversleeps or manages to ignore alarms. She sat up, rubbed her eyes, got out of bed, and walked over to her drawers to get some clothes.

"Not the answer to my question," Rowan said watching his sister walk over to her wardrobe to get changed. 

"I plan on meeting some friends to take a bus into the city," Kayleigh said muffled seeing as there was a wall between the 2.

"Who?" Rowan asked taking his phone out of his pocket. 

"Are we seriously doing this again?" Kayleigh asked walking out of her wardrobe wearing some plain green cargo pants and a vest top.

"Yes we are, who are you going with?" Rowan replied bluntly.

"Lily and Jasmine," Kayleigh said grabbing her training bag and putting some sports clothes in it for practice along with her costume for this evening's show. 

"When will you get back?" Rowan asked putting his phone away and watching what his sister was doing.

"Well I have work after we get back" Kayleigh thinks through her thoughts before continuing, "So around 07:30". Rowan nodded in Kayleigh's direction before speaking.

"Delay it to 8, mother wants to try have a family dinner at some rich ass place in the city" he leaned against the wall "I plan on not being home at the hour personally".

"What time till you call the police because I'm not home?" Kayleigh asked grabbing a regular backpack and shoving her wallet, vitamins and phone. She added her trainers to her training bag and zipped both her bags up, grabbing her oversized camouflage jacket and slipping it on.

"Turn your tracker on at 8pm and its 09:30, if  you don't then 08:15" Rowan said.

"09:30PM YOUR JOKING!! I WAS OUT TILL 1AM LAST NIGHT" Kayleigh moaned.

"You forget by that time I wouldn't have seen you for 12 hour, I wont know if you've eaten, I wont know if you've taken your vitamins, I wont know who your with" Rowan replied, using his fingers to count each reason.

"If I came home and ate, could I go back out?" Kayleigh asked throwing her bag on her back and slinging her training bag over her shoulder before crossing her arms looking directly at him.

"Depends on how I'm feeling later." Rowan shrugged leaving the room with his sister towards main foyer.

"Your mood depends on my happiness" Kayleigh said pulling on her mudded up and tattered trainers.

"You need new trainers" Rowan said in an observing tone.

"Yeah no shit sherlock why do you think I'm going into the city?" Kayleigh said laughing.

"Whatever, message me ever so often so I know your safe" Rowan said before walking off to his room to probably go back to bed.

Kayleigh could hear her mum and dad talking from the kitchen, so she got out of there quickly, sending a message to them that she wasn't home before turning off their notifications.

It was 9am on a Saturday, not many people were out and Kayleigh was heading towards the circus to do a training session before her show at 7pm. Something she conveniently didn't tell Rowan about. She took the back entrance in ensuring nobody saw her enter and headed for the trapeze changing room.

"Hey", Ty was already in the room ready for training.

"Jeez your here early, I'm usually the first one here!" Kayleigh said a little shocked.

"Well I couldn't sleep right and was up early so I left early and well here we are!" Ty said smiling at Kayleigh. 

"I mean you did better than me, believe it or not my alarm genuinely couldn't wake me up this morning, Rowan had to come in and complain about the fact my alarm was going off" Kayleigh said laughing to herself.

"You must have been tired" Ty said turning the wall so Kayleigh could put her training kit on. 

"Do you know if were doing the same routines as yesterday?" Kayleigh asked pulling her sports leggings on and vest top.

"So Mike said the final act was going to be the same but we could choose a different act for our individual performance" Ty said.

"Ok, you got any ideas,  because I've got non and was thinking we could perfect the routine we did for yesterdays act" Kayleigh said tying her hair into a high pony tail as Ty turned around.

"I think that's a good idea, we don't exactly have the time to plan and  aster a new routine in 1 hour" Ty agreed watching Kayleigh tie her trainers shoe laces.

"Cool you ready?" Kayleigh asked standing up heading towards the door placing her mask over her face. Ty chuckled while nodding his head following Kayleigh out the door also putting his mask on. They started heading towards the main circus room passing the backup dancers seen as they had just finished their practise. 

Mike was waiting for the 2 by the speakers.

"Hey you 2, did you decide what routine your going to do?" Mike asked pulling out his phone with songs they would need. 

"Yeah same as yesterday" Ty said whilst Kayleigh went over to sort the trapeze bars out. Mike was setting up the music when he got called over by Darrel so he went off telling Ty and Kayleigh to warm up.

Kayleigh was tumbling on the floor doing back handsprings into back layouts while Ty did the same. Well to be honest they were racing across the floor in tumble to see who could go faster  and this time Ty had won.

"And now were on an even and I don't owe you a favour" Ty said smirking sitting on the floor to stretch. 

"Only just, ill get you next time I can practise" Kayleigh said huffing positioning herself into a front split.

"When?" Ty said, "You cant do much out of the circus".

"I can do some showing off in my PE gymnastics" Kayleigh said shrugging, "I'm anonymously famous for trapeze work not tumbling". 

"OMG who are you and what have you done with the extremely introverted Kayleigh?" Ty said placing a hand over his heart almost like he was offended.

"Oh come on, I finish school in like 6 months, I probably wont see any of the people at school for the rest of my life" Kayleigh reasoned leaning towards her right leg for a proper stretch.

"Fair play" Ty said shrugging in his best attempt of a butterfly sit.

"Anyways..." Kayleigh said with a high tone of detectivity noticeable, "am I going to squeeze any information about your crush from you" sounding hopeful.

Ty went slightly red but chuckled, "why are you so interested?" smirking slightly.

"I've been hanging around Jasmine ands Lily too much"  Kayleigh said before continuing, "and I'm like the only person who really knows everything about you", going into a butterfly sit.

"I think you are overthinking this situation" Ty said smiling standing up as Mike walked in. Kayleigh just watched him and sat there in deep thought before getting up and going over to Mike and Ty to start their practise.