Chapter three - Sneaking out

"IM HOME" Kayleigh shouts into the empty opening hall of her parent's Mansion, she hated it. It was deafeningly quiet and defined isolated. The walls were spotless but unwelcoming and the lack of furniture only added to the effect of desolation.

"Ahh, Kayleigh how was your day at school?" A middle-aged man said entering the foyer, going to give his daughter a hug to which she moved out of the way.

"It was fine..." Kayleigh said trailing off, she loved her parents somewhere in her heart but they are the kind of people to plan their child's future. She had no control over her life after GCSEs.

"Well your mother and I were planning on going to the Alessandro French restaurant for dinner and we made sure to book a table for 4, so you and your brother can come along," Kayleigh's Dad said.

"No thank you, I have homework to complete, considering I'm always in the hospital," Kayleigh said taking off her boots and placing the on the shoe rack next to her only other pair of shoes she owns, her trainers.

"Why you do your homework baffles me, with your future you don't need knowledge" A middle-aged woman wearing a skin-tight dress that went down to her knees. Kayleigh knew this was her Mum and that comment always annoyed her.

"What baffles me is that you think I'm going to follow what you want me to be in the future" Kayleigh snarled back grabbing her bag and walking over to the stairs.

"Do not talk to your Mother like that" Kayleigh's Father said raising his voice and switching to a stern tone,

"Now please change what you're wearing and get in the car we have a reservation set in place". However, Kayleigh had plugged her headphones in and started walking off. Halfway up the staircase she turned around and shouted, "SORRY CANT HEAR YOU" and ran off to her bedroom.

Once there she flopped onto her bed and groaned, she hated that she had parents like hers, 'so controlling' was spiraling through Kayleigh's mind. She sat up and grabbed the Homework that Jasmine and Lily gave her earlier, as much as she hated doing it she knew she had to do it to escape her mapped-out future.

She didn't know how much time went by but Kayleigh was still going at homework, all her homework, singing along to music until she finished every piece she had set. It wasn't overly late, around 10 pm, so the night was still relatively early, and Kayleigh was debating her next move when she had a message ping through her phone.

'You up sneaking out tonight?' - Ty

'Why what you got planned?' - Kayleigh

'There's a new midnight diner in town with apparently the best sundaes, and I want one but don't want to go alone...' Ty

'I could really go for ice cream...' Kayleigh thought. She left her room to check if her parents were nearby. It turns out they were still at the restaurant. So Kayleigh quickly shuffled into her room and got changed into baggy cargo pants and an oversized shirt. She threw a few things into a bag and slung it on her shoulder, leaving her room and messaging Ty that she was in and leaving.

'Cool usual meet up the place?' - Ty

'Yeah, I'll be there ASAP' - Kayleigh

Just as Kayleigh had sent the message, she bumped into someone.

"And where do you think you're going?" An older teenager's voice rang into her ears.

"Why does that concern you Rowan," Kayleigh said, looking up at the taller well-built Figure above her.

"Because I'm your older brother, and I need to know if your safe," the male called Rowan said as Kayleigh stood up.

"I'm only going to go meet up with a friend" Kayleigh expressed.