Chapter One: Suitors and Fools

Eight years... does time fly that fast? The Sadida princess pondered and paced along her balcony. Suitors continued flooding the Sadida palace even as days passed, but none showed any concern for the kingdom or even the Princess herself. She sat on her bed and placed her hands against her head, stressed over the thought of becoming Queen and finding a husband. She sat in silence until she heard a knock at her door.

"Come in!" She spoke loud enough to be heard, but vague.

"Princess!" A Sadida soldier spoke as he entered. "The king wishes to see you, he wishes to discuss s-"

"Suitors? I thought so, you may go." She cut him off and stood, dusting off her dress. The soldier bowed and left as she did so. She walked to the door and paused. Ensuring she looked presentable, she opened the door and walked into the hallway. As she walked, she wondered about the rest of the brotherhood. Are they doing okay? Have the Eliatropes been rebuilding well? The Eliatropes... She remembered Yugo's last words to her before he left;

"I promise I'll visit when I have the time." His words echoed like a faint memory.

'Was it a lie... it's been eight years, yet he's barely sent a message!' She clenched her fist as she entered the throne room.

"Amalia! There you are." Her brother's voice sounded, snapping her back to reality. "You took your time; the suitors are waiting." She ignored his snide remark, making her way to the door. She evaluated as many suitors as possible, but none met her expectations. The sky faded from blue to black. Ultimately, she put them to wait until the next day. Amalia walked the halls down to where her father wished to speak, likely about the issue of finding a husband.

"Yes, Father?" She spoke, his gaze softening as he sighed.

" I think you know what I want to talk about..." The king closed his eyes as he murmured.

" I know, but just give me a little more time," She muttered.

"As you wish," He smiled. "But how long do you think is necessary? You don't have to marry them immediately, you don't even have to get engaged, but-"

" I know, Father, but I think a month or two would be adequate." She finished confidently, putting her hand in front of her. Her father smiled proudly, she had grown into a fine future queen, but she will occasionally forget to care for herself.

But, the princess doesn't seem to be the only one struggling as royalty...

-- to be Continued --