I grabbed my bag, got out of the car and walked into the terminal.

      "Hello, Ms Montanari," the manager said. "We do not have a scheduled flight today, anything wrong?"

        "Yes, I'm sorry for coming unannounced but it's an emergency," I said, "How quickly can you get my jet ready and scheduled?"

       After we worked everything out, I called Tammy and asked her to handle things while I was gone and to keep me updated.

       I arrived in Milan the next day and went straight to the hospital. When I arrived, I was told Lorayne was sedated so I went  to her doctor so get an explaination on what exactly happened.

      "We have no idea what Lorayne wanted to do. The air filters were working just fine so I don't think anything would have gotten and trigged her body," she explained.
      "Currently her air passages are inflamed. We are trying our best to reduce it and get as much oxygen as possible into her body."

      I left her office after I got the neccesary information. I found my Aunt Kristen in the waiting lounge. We talked for a bit before she had to leave for something she'd postponed.

      "I'm sorry, I should have been here earlier," I apologized.

      "but you weren't, your sister needed you, she cried for you," she said and I shut my eyes.

        "I'm sorry, I was just -" I started but she cut me off.

      "Distracted. Bambina you know your sister has episodes sometimes, she's fragile. And yet it's like you suddenly relocated to the States," she continued.

     "I know, I -" I said but she cut me off again.

      "Lorayne told me you're seeing someone again. Men are only good at distracting powerful women from what's actually important.
      We are Montanari women, we can hold our heads higher than that," she lectured,
      "Don't be like your mother."

       She left.

       I fought the urge to cry. Was I really getting too distracted. My phone ringing pulled me out of my thoughts. Demetri was calling.
     My time was still in LA time, and it was showing half past four am.

      I was about to answer when the doctor came to tell me that Lorayne was up and wanted to see me.
     I looked at my phone. I sighed while putting it on silent.
     I packed it in my bag and followed the doctor.

      "I'm sorry," Lorayne apologized immediately I got into her room. She looked so pale and weak. The oxygen mask on her face.
       Lorayne sometimes got episodes and did things to harm herself because the pressure of her life got to her. She always wanted to be normal.

      "It's okay, sorella," I said while carefully hugging her. I felt her tears trickle down onto my sleeve. After staying like that for a while, I asked her to rest up properly. She asked me not to leave and told her that I wouldn't.

     I quickly sent a text to Demetri saying I was fine and not to worry. There after I turned off my phone.

    I aunt's words rang in my head. For now I didn't know how to handle my situation with Demetri.
      I just had to stay away for sometimes and focus on this. My sisters' happiness will always come first, even at the cost of my own.

                      LUCAS

      "You sure I look okay, I don't want to look out of place?" Royanne asked for like the fifth time since we left my house.