The Lost Child of Sparta Snippet

431 B.C.E Attika, Athens front gate.

The Spartans set up 3 big camps in front of Athens gates. General Vasilis and Brasidas waited for information to come back. They sent someone inside the city to look for holes in their plan.

"Brasidas, why did we give this job to her?" Vasilis asked, being impatient. Vasilis never liked waiting on people, things, or situations unless it dealt with the war. He didn't like her, especially since the king favored her more than him.

"Because. Vasilis. She's good at blending in, climbing, and is athletic. Besides, none of the men can handle being quiet and unnoticeable like Alexandria. Now we wait for our information unless you have a better idea."

Vasilis didn't say anything, storming off away into the tent.

***

Inside Athens, Port of Piraeus.

Alexandria walked around the port searching for clues. Athens planned on attacking Sparta in the water. Alex studied how Athens was strong in the naval area. They spent their wealth on building stronger ships to suffice having a small army.

"Piraeus port. The biggest port of all in the Greek world. Pater always brought me here as a child. Always smelled like sweet wine, fish and fresh clay."

I walked to the right side of the port, looking for anything on the Athenians naval military. Hoplites were everywhere, patrolling the area for any suspicious activity. Most of them wore light armor and walked in groups chatting about their duties.

I had nothing on Athens plans for their naval support in this war. Nothing on their attacks. Nothing on how they will push back Sparta. Nothing.

***

The statue of Athena, standing tall watching over Athens. Sometimes I question if she and the other gods have given me gifts like no other mortal.

I turned around, walking away until I heard a man whisper gibberish. He spoke in tongue almost like he tried to get my attention.

"Say that again." I turned around. The old man stood in front of me, waiting to hear my question.

"Who are you?"