Chapter 25 - Arise and Be Triumphant

"I am a nigh-omnipotent being who has seen all of humanity's history and future, and not one time did I conceive a reality where you said such a thing..." God said, her face beet red with blush. Y/N could almost laugh at making God blush red. Unfortunately, he had other plans. Getting back to the girls and his brother were a top priority. No amount of being dead would stop the mortal.

"Send me back, I need to save the world and all that. I have the perfect one-liner to use on the asshole who killed me." God blinked, the blush fading just as fast as it appeared.

"Why would you need to do that. Now that you're dead-dead, time isn't something to concern yourself with," she said, trying to persuade him.

"To be honest, your consent was never really a factor... Yes that sounds wrong. Yes that is a Semi-Perfect Cell quote," Y/N said, causing God to sigh.

"I can't send you back. Not yet at least. I need to know what's going on. I don't entirely understand why but I don't know what the future holds for this version of you and the rest of humanity. Y/N froze. That meant something important. If God was unable to tell what was going to happen next, that meant either God is losing power, which isn't really happening, or none of what's about to happen wasn't even considered a possibility.

"There's more than that. I need to tell you what your original purpose was. You're my gift to humanity. That should mean something to you. I'm sure you've read that short story; The Egg, by Andy Weir. Yours is a similar situation. You've experienced the lives of every living person on this planet. You're complete. Who you were meant to be and now look at you, just like the rest of my creation you've grown beyond what I wanted for you. It's put you on a path I never would have dreamed of, bridging the gap between humanity, demons, and angels in the most poetic way possible. I can't thank you enough for what you've done," God explained, dropping one hell of a knowledge bomb on Y/N. To have experienced the lives of every living person- Jesus, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Jeanne d'Arc, Julius Ceasar, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr, Franklin D. Roosevelt,  John F. Kennedy, and those are just to name a few.

Sure he had apparently been some really evil people, having done some atrocious things, but it sounded like that helped shape who he currently was. Even if he didn't remember those lives, it had some sort of fundamental impact on him now. His frequent use of brute force and some basic planning, that insatiable desire for self improvement, his need to protect others, even if it doesn't benefit himself in any way, all of it had to have come from the lives he had lived.

"You get it now, I can see the realization in your eyes. You are the culmination of every human life ever lived. You learned, even if how you learned it was forgotten, who and what you want to be." God smiled before a look of realization came over her- he was starting to fade away. She knew it was because his will to go back hadn't wavered and had been continuously been building. She hadn't realized that it was driving her to resurrect him. God simply smiled faintly and decided to let him go. After all, she couldn't keep him there when he's so worried about his brother and friends. But she also knew she'd need to speak with him again.

"We will have to just continue this later. I'll send you back and you'll be able to save your... companions," she said, putting a hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"If you ever need me, just pray."

Just like that, the doctors were immediately surprised by the fact that their most recent cadaver was sitting up, fully healed, more lively than ever. None of it made sense to the surgeons and nurses, but they didn't really care considering who they were dealing with. Such a person had to have been blessed with some Divine Intervention. How fitting, since that was exactly what happened.

Daisy felt a sudden warmth in her chest, almost like a second heartbeat. The contract they'd made. He was alive. But it felt slightly different, stronger. Whatever he'd gone through had only done good, despite how frightening the situation was. She was even more overjoyed when Y/N stood in front of herself and Helltaker.

"I almost lost you..." she heaved, ripping away from the older brother and now clung to the man she loved. Y/N smiled and hugged back, reassuring Daisy that he was indeed back to stay.

"I love you too, now tell me what's going on. I remember some demon attacking me over... greed? I don't really remember," he said, scratching his cheek as he tried to work his memories into overdrive.

"Yeah, Mammon, Demon Prince of Greed. She said that she was pissed off that you and BJ had made this demon harem and didn't include her in it." Y/N was now livid.

"Daisy, darling, watch my brother. I need to teach someone a lesson."