Chapter 7- Motivated

Couldn't help myself with these two memes

Couldn't help myself with these two memes. Had to share both. The second one is on vanripper's Twitter so go check him out.

"It's been a month since we came up here and none of us have spent any time with Y/N. Clearly, this is an issue," Azazel said to Judgement and Justice. Both of them nodded.

"Speak for yourself, prim and proper!" a familiar voice called out from the porch. Zdrada was sitting in a chair facing the window and glared a little at them.

"Well, we did warn you not to smoke inside and you were there to see him beat Judgement, so it's on you that you didn't think he'd literally twist you into a pretzel," Justice snickered. Zdrada was more flexible than most would think considering her masochistic nature but no one expected her to be bent around like he was knitting a sweater. Even Pandemonica was impressed.

"But that brings me to my point. I'd like to join him at the gym he frequents. I believe it would be a nice gesture to the fact that we are living here without having done much in return." Azazel held her chin. Problem was, he was usually gone before they even woke up. It was hard to catch him at a time when he was already going. Someone else, however, happened to hear their conversation

"Are you going to the gym? I'd like to go!" Modeus cried immediately, standing up

"Modeus, you can't reenact porn at the gym. It's not real," Y/N said, coming out of the kitchen with his brother and Lucifer. The demon and huge jacked man wore aprons with "Satan" on them. The younger human, however, had two cups of coffee in his hand and passed one off to Pandemonica. She smiled as she took a sip.

"I must say, you're quite skilled in making the perfect coffee every time. If you keep this up, you might be deserving of a reward," she said in a menacingly sweet tone.

"Your praise is all the reward I need," Y/N yawned, seemingly not even aware of his response. He took a sip of the coffee and cringed slightly.

"Guess I haven't quite developed a taste for it..." he mumbled, feeling the caffeine kick in.

"What do you mean it's not real?!" Modeus asked, grabbing Y/N by the shirt.

"I mean it's fake. They're actors. Those don't happen in real life. They're scripted events. Generally, people that try to fuck around out in public find out pretty damn quick. You see, based on this scale here-" He pulled out a dry-erase board from seemingly nowhere, and on it was a line graph.

"As you can see here, the level at which you fuck around directly correlates to how much you find out. In conclusion, just do as I say and you'll be fine," Y/N said, moving to the basement door. They stared at him for a moment, Lucifer even rubbing her eyes in disbelief.

"So everyone just saw that right?" she asked, Justice perking up.

"I didn't see anything," the blind demon said cheekily.

"Well, to be fair, he can do things no normal human should be able to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he could whip-crack a logging chain," Judgement was probably the only one not that surprised by the dry-erase board appearing out of nowhere. Probably because she watched him lift it off of the kitchen wall he was standing beside and held it behind him until it was time. And it had that "fuck around and find out" graph on it already. He was incredibly sneaky for a human. Or maybe the demons have simply relaxed too much. There was a loud thump not seconds after Judgement thought about it and noticed the basement door open.

"Owww," said a familiar voice. The Awesome Demon didn't feel so awesome at the moment.

"Welcome, girls, to my favorite gym in the city. Today is chest day for me, but if you girls wanna work on something else I can change things up, no biggie." Justice, Judgement, and Azazel were on board while Modeus wanted to simply watch. Y/N racked his weights onto the bar and laid down at the bench press, between the bar and the total of eight 45-pound weights, he had a total of four hundred and five pounds he was going to keep from crushing his chest.

"Dear heavenly Lord, please protect this human and allow him to return home safely from his time spent here. Allow us all to remain uninjured under thy watchful eye so long as danger is present. Amen," Azazel muttered quietly.

"Relax, Halo, ain't nothing I haven't done before," Y/N said, lifting the bar off the rack and slowly lowering it down to his chest while inhaling. Once it got to be just above his chest, he pushed back up and exhaled. Judgement nodded in approval as she watched, clearly impressed with how smooth and steady his movement was. He did it again, and again, and again until he'd completed a full ten repetitions.

"Holy shit dude, how much weight is there?" Justice asked, presumably since she couldn't really see the weights. What she could see, however, was the soul. It was calm as a sleeping baby.

"'Bout four hundred pounds. I'm doing another four sets of ten so."