"Ah, perfect! An adulterous love child!" She exclaimed, Mark frowned at her, not happy with how she acted towards Meredith.

"Oh shush!" Derek hushed her as he jogged down the stairs and to Meredith's side. Mark looked as if he felt as though he was in the way of everyone and moved for Derek.

--

"I thought you said you weren't pregnant." Cristina had a smirk on her face. Bailey walked through the doors with Dorian by her side.

"She's not, we'll have to run more tests," Bailey responded, chuckling when Meredith asked for morphine. Bailey agreed, making Dorian laugh out loud.

It took a while to kick in but eventually, Meredith received her Morphine.

"You're a good friend," Meredith spoke to Cristina while Dorian sat at the bottom of the bed, his back leaning against the bottom frame. Cristina mumbled about how high she was.

"Actually, you're my best friend in the whole entire world." Meredith continued to blab as if nothing was wrong. It wasn't, she was just laying in a hospital bed. Dorian rolled his eyes as he listened to his sister insisting that she could die today.

"Easy, pick Derek, save us all the trouble of a vet." Dorian chuckled, he was well aware of how much Derek had hurt Meredith but he could also see just how far she had fallen for him. Finn, as much as he hated to admit such a thing about his sister, was more or less just a pawn to make Derek work that little bit harder. Yeah, okay, Dorian's opinion on Finn wasn't what mattered and he did think that Meredith could do better than a doctor for animals, but that was coming from the man who had captured, tamed and tied himself to a wild Plastic's attending. Plus, Dorian had to admit, it was just as hard seeing his sister toy with his best friend's feeling as it was the other way around.

"I can't. It's not an easy choice." Meredith giggled easily as if the conversation wasn't an easy one. Dorian smiled at her as she let loose the laughter that was building inside of her. He was more than aware that it was the morphine and years of pent up emotions that was making its presence known in humour.

"If you can't easily chose between the two, well then you have an issue." Was all dorian said.

It later turned out that he wasn't about to be made an uncle, but rather meredith had appendicitis. Which was a relief, a bittersweet relief. He wasn't ready to have to impart his knowledge to a child.

———

"What are you doing here?" Dorian asked Mark with a broad smile on his face, "you failed to mention a job interview or an offer."

"I didn't want to get your hopes up, love. I applied to three different hospitals, one was an hour out just so I could stay and work and be close to you." Mark said as he pulled Dorian close and connected their lips in the safety of an on-call room. After about seven seconds of lip locking the two pulled apart, Dorian just pulled Mark to his chest, embracing him and appreciating the fact that he can see him more than a few hours a day or on his days off.

"You made sure to leave the bedroom door open for Kai, right?" Dorian asked mark quietly, pulling apart from him. Dorian was an intern, if Bailey found him slacking...

"Yeah, don't worry love. He has his space" Mark said as he let go of Dorian, he was new and couldn't afford to be doing nothing.

"Okay, I have to get back to work. I'll see you later?" Dorian smiled widely at Mark as he left towards the door. Mark voiced his agreement and stared openly at Dorian as he left, leaving Mark alone to think to himself about just how lucky he was.

——

Dorian walked through the threshold of Meredith's room and glanced at the two men and the lady inside.