Chapter 5

Jake's Pov.

I sat down in front of  Neytiri  as she tried teaching her language. She was getting frustrated with me as i messed up most of the words. I sighed in frustration as I held my held. I looked over a bit as I saw the black colored Na'vi. "Hey who is that anyway?" I asked Neytiri as I looked back to her.

She looked at me then over to the other Navi. "We call her the Night Watcher, the protector of every living creature." She spoke as I watched her, I jumped slightly as I heard a low growl come from behind me. I turned as I saw the same cat like animal that the black navi rode on. It stared down at me as it held another animal in its jaws. It hung limp as blood dripped down its teeth and down the animal, before hitting the ground.

It watched me as it stared me in the eye and I stared back. "Easy boy.." I back up slightly as I watched it closely, a whistle was heard and the animal snapped its head to the side. I looked over too see that the dark Na'vi had whistled. The creature walked away and over to her, dropping the animal it was carrying at her feet. I was shocked as she then started petting the animals head.

"How did she?"  "It has been said she has a special ability to communicate with all beings." I looked to Neytiri as she spoke, she had her bow on her hip as she slowly sat it back down. "Most think she has a Direct bond to the spirits as well. Able to talk to them." I listened to her as I looked back to her "Grace would have a field day with her." I huffed as I turned back to her.

I spent the rest of that day learning the language. After a few hours the sun had began to set. I turned seeing the dark Na'vi sitting with the large creature. It eating away at the animal it hunted, while the Na'vi ate the small bit that was stuck on a stick. I noticed most over the tribe avoided her as if they were scared. I raised a brow at her, she was strange to say the least.

Night's Pov.

I ate slowly as I stared at the small fire I had built. I glanced over as I heard Quickwind grind and break the bones on her kill. I smiled gently as I continued to finish my portion. I tossed the stick in the fire as I watched it burn. I lifted my head slightly as I saw the sky Na'vi watching me. I simply stared back as he watched me and Quickwind.

I turned to Quickwind as she stopped eating and was watching the male as well. She didn't growl or snarl to him but watched with a blank expression. I watched her and looked back to the Na'vi as he left with the chiefs daughter. My eyes following him as he disappeared into the tree. "You are able to sense it in him too." I spoke as I looked at Quickwind as she laid herself around me.

She only huffed at my words as she closed her eyes. I moved to lean back against her as I rested my arm on her neck. Gently rubbing her head as she slept. I rested against her as I closed my eyes. Letting the darkness over take me as I fell asleep.

I hoped you guys liked it.

Please leave a comment of what you think.