Louis sets me down on the kitchen counter. I lift my foot up, and start to feel dizzy when I see how much blood is pouring out of my cut. I don't think I can do this. Louis must have seen my expression because he grabbed the towel from my hand, and gently wrapped it around my foot. He scooped me back up in his arms to carry me upstairs. I rest my cheek against his chest, attempting to ignore this queasy feeling.

Before I know it, Louis is setting me down on our bathroom counter. I grip the edges of the counter, tightly. Why am I acting like this? I've seen blood before. My mom cut her hand open once when I was a little bit younger. I didn't react like this.

"You don't like the sight of blood?" Louis takes notice.

"I think it's just my blood." I breathe, unsteadily.

Louis digs in the cabinet on the opposite wall for the first aid kit. "It's a good thing my mum is a nurse. Otherwise, I would have no clue what I am doing." He sits down on the toilet lid, and places my foot wrapped in the towel in his lap.

I quickly move my foot away from him. "You're going to get my blood all over you." I shake my head at him.

"I'd rather have your blood on me, then your foot get infected. Or would you rather go to the hospital?" Louis grabs my foot again.

"Fine." I frown, only agreeing because I do not want to visit the hospital.

I watch as Louis unwraps my foot gently. My hands tighten on the counter once again at the sight of my own blood. I advert my gaze at Louis's face to look at something else. He grabs a towel, and begins to clean the blood off of my foot, causing me to wince in pain every once in awhile. Louis stares at my foot with such a concentrated look like nothing could distract him from his work. He works on my bloody foot, effortlessly.

"I've missed you." I blurt out before I can stop myself. My eyes widen in shock after I realised what I just said.

Louis tilts his head up, locking his eyes on mine. "I've missed you, too." He says in a completely serious tone. "It was hard for me when you left." My chest constricts at his words. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you left. It was a great opportunity for your career, but I wish you discussed it with me first. We didn't have to-"

"Please don't." I whisper, not wanting him to continue.

Louis's eyes lower back down on my foot. "I'm almost finished." He changes the subject.

I study his face as he wraps my foot up in a white gauze. Louis's hair has gotten shorter than what it used to be, instead of it hanging in his face, he has it up in a quiff. His eyes are still a beautiful blue colour that could literally light up a whole room. Facial hair is barely visible along his jawline. My eyes lower down his body to his large biceps showing from his white tee shirt. They have definitely gotten bigger since the last time I seen him. Back then, Louis was a young boy, but now he has definitely turned into a man.

"All done." Louis announces, finishing my foot. "I'm no doctor, but I think it would be best if you didn't walk on it much considering that the cut is on the bottom of your foot."

"How am I supposed to walk then?" I frown, slowly sliding off of the counter, testing how much pressure I can put on it. I gasp when a streak of pain flies up my leg from the cut.

"I guess we are back to the X Factor house then." Louis answers, scooping me back in his arms.

"What? No! I'm not going to make you carry me everywhere again." I wiggle in his arms in attempt to get him to put me down.

Louis's arms tighten around me. "Carter, stop. It's fine. I used to carry you around everywhere in the X Factor house."

"That was different!"

"How?"

I stop moving, and stare up at him. "We were closer back then."

Louis frowns. "We aren't now?"

"This is the first time I've seen you in a few years. I'm not the same girl I was when I was sixteen." I answer, gazing up into his memorising eyes. "I've changed."

"Let's play twenty question then." Louis sets me down on the couch in the living room. How did we get down here so quick? "You may be older, but you are still my best friend. That will never change. What's your favourite colour?"

"Yellow." I answer him, easily. "Has your dancing improved over the years?" I smirk already knowing his answer.

"Eh. No. I can only do the dances that the lads and I have come up with." Louis replies. "Are you still best friends with Riley?"

"Yes!" I answer too quickly. "We actually moved out of my mom's house, and into our own flat. Are you still friends with Aiden?"

Louis frowns. "We chat a little bit, but we rarely hang out due to our busy schedules. What do you miss most about us?"

I open my mouth, and shut it. That was not a question I was expecting. "Being best friends." I tell him, honestly. "Is it true that you are dating someone?" I ask, casually.

"I haven't dated anyone since we dated." Louis answers. "That's what happens when the girl you lov-"

"No!" I shout, pointing my finger at him. "No, you can't say that to me."

Louis crinkles his eyebrows together. "What? I can't say that I was in lov-"

I reach forward, covering his mouth with my hand. "That's not fair. You can't say that to me. Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to break up with you? That was the hardest thing I have ever done. I hated doing that to you, and I immediately regretted it everyday on tour. You can't say the L word to me. Not now."

Louis grabs my wrist, pulling it off of his mouth. "When was I supposed to tell you? You broke up with me before I had the chance. I was waiting for the perfect moment to tell you."

I shake my head, trying to stop myself from crying. "You don't understand. I felt the same way when I found out about Olly wanting me to come on tour. I felt the exact same way you did. That's why it hurt so much to do that. My heart broke it two when I left you that day."

"It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Even if I had told you, I would still have told you to go." Louis sighs, running his right hand through his hair. "Maybe if I told you how much I loved you then we would still be together." He mumbles.

I place my face in my hands. Why is he doing this to me? I can't take it. Why? Why does he decide to tell me that he was in love with me back then? It's not fair. My feelings for Louis has already ended.

"Do you still love me?" Louis barely whispers loud enough for me to hear.

I lift my face up, tears building up in my eyes. "Loui-"

"Please? I need to know." He pleads, almost in tears.

I turn my head away to stare at the wall. "No?" I whisper, feeling a part of me die inside.

Louis's hand cups my chin, and makes me look at him. "Being your best friend has its advantages. I can always tell when you are lying. Like now for instance."

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

Gahhh! I finally updated! Yay me! And, it's in Carter's POV. I decided I would do this from now on. I'll switch from Tori's to Carter's every chapter.

That was an interesting game of (less than) twenty questions, eh? What do you think of Carter's answer? Oh, and don't worry. I didn't forget about the broken mug still lying on their kitchen floor. I still remember.

Question...What did you think about the ending?

So, yeah!