chapter twelve

Eliana's POV:

I was more than nervous when we entered the sports grounds with the cars and were surrounded by photographers in a quick second.
Among these bright lights I also recognized many fans who shouted the names of the footballers and also filmed me.
This was more than uncomfortable for me.
Pablo and Pedro came directly to me when we parked and together we went into a hall, which was very nicely decorated.
And only now I realized that I am with the footballers from FC Barcelona.
"Are you alright?" Pablo noticed my nervousness and before I could even answer him, he held my hand tightly as more people came towards us.
My hand started to tingle and how much I want to ignore this feeling, it just won't go away.
After saying hello to a lot of players, another guy came up who was Jules, and while they were talking, I was looking around.
I was too flashed that I completely forgot that Pablo and I were still holding hands.
"Is she your girlfriend?"
With this question Jules got my complete attention and with a forced smile I turned my head to the boys.
Pablo responded with a yes and pulled me more towards him with a big smile, which is why I poked him in the back.
"Jules."
"Eliana." I moved away from him again and took Jules' hand.
"A very beautiful name. That dress looks great on you, by the way."
Pablo, who was just observing this conversation, cleared his throat at some point, said goodbye to his colleague and pulled me to him.
"What was that?!" he hissed completely seriously, strengthening his grip more and more, I on the other hand just smiled.
He can't be serious.. he's jealous!
"Control your feelings, Gavi. We're not together in real life." I hissed back and noticed how his look changed.
He said nothing more to that and so we sat down in our seats, waiting for the evening to finally begin.

During dinner I made friends with many wives and girlfriends of the soccer players. Elena and Romarey were the ones I got along with the most and we even exchanged numbers.
I tried to ignore Pablo as much as I could since the conversation, sometimes I succeeded, sometimes not.
But suddenly I was pulled under the table when Pablo accidentally dropped his fork and he looked at me seriously, meanwhile I was more than confused.
"Didn't you see that I was just eating?"
"Okay and? You can't just flirt with someone else when I'm there."
I could laugh in his face for that, since it was still on his mind.
"I didn't know you were the jealous type." I provoked him a bit.
"You said yourself that we're not together in real life. Don't destroy our relationship in public though." he said last, until he sat up straight and pretended again that nothing happened.
He wasn't wrong.
Fortunately, the evening ended quickly, which is why we were already standing and talking with Pablo's friends in front of the sports ground.
After a while we all said goodbye and since Pedro was already gone, we sat without an uncomfortable silence in my car.
"Do you want to go straight home or should we go for a walk?"
"We can go for a walk."

After about 15 minutes we were outside again, enjoying the beautiful weather as we walked close together.
I couldn't take it with the high heels on though, my legs and feet hurt so much.
Unfortunately, there are no places to sit in the area, so I got down on my knees and continued to have conversations with Pablo that way.
"Do you know how pretty you actually look today?" he came out of nowhere with it, which really surprised me.
"Have you been drinking alcohol or what?"
"No, I'm serious. You always look pretty, but today it's totally different."
While he was saying that, he came closer and closer with his face and I would be happy if I smelled alcohol coming out of his mouth, but no there was nothing.
"Did something happen?"
It didn't take much for our lips to touch, but even though our faces were so close, he didn't move.
"Eliana..."