chapter eight

Eliana's POV:

It was Pablo. Of all the people who could be standing here in front of me, it was him.
Mateo! I have to explain all this to Mateo so that he doesn't get the wrong idea.
I ignored his question and got up from the ground, ready to go on until he grabbed me by the hand.
I'm starting to get annoyed with what he's doing.
"Have your fans under control." I hissed annoyed and wanted to walk past him, but he put both of his hands on my shoulder.
"Look, I'm very sorry for what's happening right now. But that's enough proof that you should accept my offer!"
He can't stop thinking about himself.
"You're pretty arrogant as a soccer player. Pablo, you're 18, stop it."
He just looked at me confused and wanted to say something, but I slapped his hands away from me.
"At least let me take you somewhere safe."
Since I felt very unsafe, I didn't say no to the offer.
We walked close to each other along the alleys of Barcelona and arrived at my home after about fifteen minutes.
"Thank you." I almost whispered and while I was about to get my keys, Pablo was looking around the area.
"Are you free tonight?"
"I'm working the late shift tonight, so I won't be home until late at night."
I changed my mind.
Luckily I'm going, otherwise he would have asked me if we could meet up.
"Please think about it. It would only be good for you and me, especially for you because of all the hate you get." he told me last until I went into the house.

Because of what he said I completely forgot that I wanted to talk to Mateo,
I lay down on the bed and thought about everything.
Because of him, my privacy was disregarded.
I'm hated so much that I don't even dare to go out anymore.
Whose fault is it? Pablo's!
And I'm supposed to do him a favor?
He can forget it.
As long as he doesn't suffer, I'm sure he doesn't care.
I took my phone and dialed Mateo's number, hoping that he hadn't seen the messages yet.
"Hello, mi amor. How are you?"
Okay, by his tone I'm sure he doesn't know yet.
"The same as always. I need to talk to you about something."
"Ah, the soccer player thing? I was about to ask you what that was about, too."
Shit.
"Mateo, believe me there's nothing going on! He's the brother of Aurora, the one who threw the party yesterday, and he came up to me towards the end and asked me to be his girlfriend, since he's got so many scandals going on right now.
A simple fake relationship, so that he shows the people out there that he is taken. I said no so many times and believe me, he doesn't want to give up!"
I started to explain like a waterfall and felt the tears burning when it was silent for a moment.
"Where does he live?" he asked as stupidly as he could, which is why I put my hand on my face.
"You hitting him wouldn't be a good idea."
"Yeah so what?! He's trying to take my girlfriend away!"
"Don't worry, he won't make it." I smiled.
We talked on the phone until I unfortunately had to hang up to get ready for work and then go back out.

Yawning, I slammed the car door shut and stretched for a moment before heading back into the house.
This shift was absolutely exhausting.
The only thing I want to see now is my bed.
When I entered the house, I saw that the light in the living room was still on and heard some voices, which was very unusual.
We never have visitors at this hour.
"Papa?" I called out loud enough for everyone to hear and went into the room.
My heart almost slipped down when I saw who was sitting right beside my dad.
What was he doing here?!

[A/N]
birthday chapter 3 izanaslove