2

It was a strange feeling. No, maybe I've felt this way before, but now it's a little different. The beast wakes up in me, but I steadfastly keep myself in hand. My heart is pounding very fast, but I am outwardly calm. My mind is full of a lot of thoughts, but I don't explore them.

Now that I came out of the specialized building of the school, the air became a little lighter, and I could think about a lot. However, this is not the place or time to indulge in memories. Ah, why did it have to happen now?

I've asked myself this question several times in the last couple of minutes, because it was really important. Why exactly today, at the end of the sports festival, was my peaceful life put at risk? I hate when something happens that prevents me from living.

Anyway, I should go to the dorm. There I will at least be able to reflect on that little girl with a cane who decided to purposefully encroach on my peaceful life. It's unforgivable, if you ask me. I don't approve of that.

- Huh??

Suddenly, a wave of goosebumps ran through my body, created by the unnatural cold. I felt a slight sense of panic when I suddenly felt someone grab my arm. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the danger so close.

- Uh, sorry...

But when I heard the girl's voice, which seemed to carry no danger, I relaxed my guard, but still remained vigilant. I had to turn around to face this girl who stopped me from my restless thoughts alone and instead she added new experiences to me.

- Can I help you with something?

I asked this, pointing with my eyes at my hand, which this girl grabbed so easily. Hmm, is it possible that I've seen her somewhere before? She looks a little familiar. Those blue eyes and black hair...

- Oh, I'm sorry...

She anxiously let go of my hand and took a step away from me, increasing the distance between us. But at the same time, I was just studying her. It definitely became clear to me that we had met somewhere before and even talked, but when was it?

There was no such moment in my memories of school life. What's going on here? Am I getting old and my brain is degrading? Eh, I'm only fifteen years old, and something like this is already happening.

The color of her beautiful eyes didn't really match the color of her braided hair, but I didn't complain about that. I was just thinking about where I had seen her before. Is it possible that this happened before school? In The White Room? No, I don't think so... Most likely, I saw her in a small period of my freedom.

- So..? Did you want something from me?

- Oh yes... Please, take it..!

Suddenly, she pulled something out of her school bag that shouldn't be there. These were gloves that you would probably put on your hands in winter or just in cold weather to avoid freezing your hands. But why would I need something like that? This is somehow wrong.

- Is that..?

Although, to be honest, I think I've seen these gloves somewhere before. Is it possible that this girl also knows something about my past? Why do they always appear so unexpectedly?

- Ah, once we met in winter... and you lent me your gloves...

- Is that so?

I could say that something like this could really happen. In general, this girl really looks like we met at least once, so I could probably trust her more or less.

- In any case, I came to return them to you..!

- I see.

Even though it was noble on her part, but at the same time it was a little strange. I mean, maybe she really wanted to return my gloves to me, but for whatever reason she brought them with her to school, she also brought them right here. All this seems somehow suspicious.

- But why are you bringing gloves now? I mean, winter is still more than a month away.

- Oh, that...

She seemed so unsure of what she had to say. No, rather, it would be more correct to say that she is not sure at all whether she should talk to me or not. It's more like some kind of personal inner deep problem from her past. Knowing that, I could see how things go from here.

- I saw you running during the festival and... In general, I remembered about you because of this and decided to bring gloves.

It's that damn festival again. It looks like I should have abstained and stayed in the shadows. First Sakayanagi, now this girl, and then who? Will that person from the White Room come and say that he also noticed me running at a sports festival where he wasn't even there? Hah, that would be fucking funny.

- Well, now I understand the situation.

I think I remembered that this girl and I really spent some time together. It seems we were looking for her own gloves, which she somehow lost.

- By the way, did you find your gloves at that time?

- No...

It seems that she became sad because of my words. Well, it's not really my fault, since I just asked a question. It's not my problem that the answer wasn't particularly good.

- I'm sorry.

But still, I expressed some sympathy because of this. Still, this girl probably deserved better.

- Oh, no, don't apologize. It's not your fault, it's all me. I'm just a clumsy person in life...

Was it the truth or self-deprecation? What of it? Although, I probably shouldn't get into it. Still, once again to bother this girl, even I will feel bad from this. It's too wrong.

But there was something else that was bothering me. For what reason did she find me so easily now? I mean, she could have easily recognized me during the festival, but she had to go back to the dorm, and then come here. How did she know where I would be?

- By the way, can I ask you something?

- Oh? Yes, of course. Please ask.

Or is it just me, or did she become a little happier when I asked her this question before asking the real question? Perhaps she really has a lack of communication with people her age. Although, perhaps, this is a lack of communication with the opposite sex. Well, it applies to me anyway.

- How did you know I'd be here?

Her beautiful blue eyes reflected incomprehension for a second before she lightly brushed aside her small bangs. What was this action for?

-I saw Kamuro-san coming here with you... Is it possible that I interrupted you?

If we do not take into account the fact that she prevented me from quickly returning to the hostel, then she did not prevent me in any way. But who is this Kamuro? Although it seems to be the name of the girl who took me to Sakayanagi. Now everything is a little clearer, but there is something else.

- Do you know Kamuro well?

- Not really... We're just classmates, nothing more than that.

So she's from Class A. Now with this revealed truth, many things have become strange, but still... I don't even know which of my feelings to trust right now. Should I suspect this girl of spying on me? Or should I just break up with her here, as if that's the way it should be? Which of these should I choose?

- I understand.

I nodded to her, then took my gloves from her hands, which belonged to me some time ago. Not that I need them, but having extra gloves won't be a problem.

- Then I'll go, right?

- Yes, of course..! I'm sorry I kept you.

- It's okay, don't worry about it.

With that, we said goodbye and parted. I followed her with my eyes for a while until she disappeared from my field of vision. Well, I could say that this girl has a weak presence, so she would be quite suitable for the role of a spy in one way or another. One can only hope that Sakayanagi has not realized this yet.