Chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

"Thank goodness that you are here to help me out with the boys because something happens to them!" exclaimed Lana worryingly.

My phone rang within a few minutes of Lana telling me the news I immediately picked up my phone frantically in a hurry to ask him if everything was fine, but he didn't sound too intoxicated on the phone to me right now, I continued to pinch the bridge of my in frustration mixed with worry about how he fought against someone in a club.

Tiredly sighed as I thought to myself that I would have to work on this project since I have to drive to the club with the girls in my car for reinforcement to help me get the boys inside my car to drive them to the hospital however, I dropped everything that I was doing at the last minute to help them even asking for the exact location of the nearest club in town.

"How do you even get involved in a club brawl?"I asked him in bewilderment.

Praying to God that they will be alright when we get there while running out of my parent's house to drive to the nearest club henceforth I was driving safely as possible to prevent my brunette hair best friend from having a panic attack and I was trying as to make sure that nothing happens to us when driving on the road to the club. I saw a red light so I stopped driving to connect my phone Bluetooth to my car to continue my conservation with him.

Once the traffic light turned Green I drove around the corner making a few shortcuts on my highway as soon as we got there, I parked my car in the front of the place where they were, locked my car and ran straight in there in a hurry thanking the higher heaven up above that they weren't too badly injured or bruised.

"What on earth were you guys doing when you decided to fight in this club? like what went through your mind exactly that made you want a fight against someone in here?" asked a worried Lana.

Quickly, I apologised to the bartender in this club for the fight that happens to mess up this place then I took my beau to the open to have a conversation with him hoping that he would tell me what really happened to make them fight as I was giving him a chance to finally be honest with me here because I know that he has his own reasons for almost destroying the whole club including being in a fight.

We all had our own demons that we haven't finished fighting yet but we tried to continue to control them I thought to myself as I was driving down the road towards the hospital and during our journey there he wasn't complying with me to go inside the hospital when he simply refused to take a step into the building so, I felt like I had no choice as to what to do, therefore, I drove them all over to his apartment to get them all clean up.

"Please drive us away from the hospital, please don't take me there, sunshine" he begged me sadly and that was when I heard his cracked voice.

Stupidly enough I just listened to him as it started to physically pain me to see or hear him refusing to go to the hospital additionally, I already knew that something happened in the hospital room when his mother passed away laying down on the hospital bed, which caused him to breakdown crying in the backseat of my car plus I didn't want to go against his wishes if it made me upset like that because every time I saw him in discomfort it pains me to see him this way.

"Shh, it's okay and we are not going to the hospital if it does seem to bring you bad memories of the past," I said reassuringly to him.

Equally understanding why he didn't want to be reminded of how his mother died in the hospital, especially after all these years of grief when his mom even if his dad was using him as a human punching bag not to mention that he stayed there for his baby sister to at least shield from the harshest reality of this world until he had enough one day to pack his suitcase to stay with my family and eventually he did save enough money to buy his apartment for now.

Moreover, we finally reached the boy's apartment to take care of them ourselves not even noticing that one teardrop was slowly sliding down my face and then he whispered in my ear "truly don't deserve a tear from an angel-like yourself, sunshine" he paused for a while, but soon began to speak again, "what did I do in my past lives to deserve a beautiful, kind-hearted and sweet girl? because all I do is put you through the pain."

"You know, you are not the evil Villain of my story because I believe that there is a little bit of good in everybody" I explained my reasons why I decided that he wasn't a bad guy, "also everyone else goes through trauma and not everyone else in the world is lucky enough to call themselves survivors, but that doesn't make you a bad person."

All of it makes sense to me now, and I realized that we are survivors that made it out alive with the weight of the world on our shoulders. We will keep soldiering on throughout the bad times and the good times since we were all given a chance to start all over again to explore the other things that life does have to offer us. Nevertheless, we still struggle to find peace within the darkness of mind that sometimes makes us a personal enemy of ourselves.

Maybe..... Someday, I will tell him what happened to me that dreadful day regardless of whether I was ready to tell him or not. We are all fighters still fighting for peace as I was trying to get rid of the need for an antidepressant that makes me feel unusual by replacing them with herbal remedies medicine until he rescues me for my own destruction.