Chapter twenty two

One of Lana's siblings and I were searching for Lana's wedding planning folder in her parents when her brother Benji walked into the room with a raised eyebrows looking at us like we were doing something very suspicious as one of his friends calle...

One of Lana's siblings and I were searching for Lana's wedding planning folder in her parents when her brother Benji walked into the room with a raised eyebrows looking at us like we were doing something very suspicious as one of his friends called Tom following behind him just even though, we found her folder underneath her mattress as we both look at each other as the room went silent until I realized that we might have to abandon our mission to stop us from getting further questioning whether or not we were borrowing from her.

A couple of knowing looks were being shared between the two of us who are trying to get out of here successfully without anyone else entirely suspecting as I quietly slipped the folder into my tote bag while nodding my head towards the direction of the door for Lola to get the hint that it was time to go next door to my house yet, somehow managed to escape from their questions by sneaking out of the window, therefore, climbing towards the tree that was linked to this room and my brother room.

"For a second there, I thought that we would have gotten caught as well as explaining why we were borrowing her wedding binder from her" I sighed out of relief to Lana sister Lola.

I kept this a secret from everyone else in the group consisting of seven people since the rest of us already knew that he was going to propose to my best friend who he knew for twenty-two years. I think I knew it all along that they were right for each other, for instance, I have always noticed their silent longing glances at one another for quite some time now but then she moved away from home to study abroad at a university in New Zealand which began to break his heart and eventually everything was fine for a couple of months until we get the news that she was in a coma because she was in a car accident.

Furthermore, I often wonder what it would be like to have a love like theirs that can last through anything that life has been throwing at them where they would jump through hoops or make sacrifices to make the other person happy nonetheless, the romance with my partner and I was incredible especially when we come from two different types of upbringing and life. We were able to understand exactly what we mean to each other putting the past behind us for good.

"I know right, but I can't believe that your brother is ready to pop the question to ask her!" said Lola , Lana younger sister in sheer excitement.

Reminiscing these memories  like it was yesterday in my mind when my brother told me that he was going to propose to my best friend who might become my sister in law soon although I did wonder what the big rush was for? Quite frankly, I do hope that he will give her everything that she does deserve because I don't want to have to choose between the two of them someday.

Lola and I were talking about the blueprints of how to pull off the world the most amazing wedding of the century including the greatest proposal of all time not necessarily noticing that there was a loud knock on my bedroom door which causes me to jump as I quickly hid the binder underneath my bed for safekeeping to see my best friend walking into my room looking between her sister and me in the room as she closed the door behind her sitting on a bean bag chair in my room.