34. That him

Priya's face fell as Ram walked away.

"Priya, don't worry. This is like one of his bad jokes," Kunal said, smiling. "You must be familiar with his antics."

She nodded, giving him a faint smile.

"What's up?" Brinda asked as she arrived at them with Aditya.

"Nothing much. Just discussing Ram's odd and outsized behavior," Vikrant laughed and continued speaking in to divert Priya's attention. "Calling everyone Tarun, taking antacids but not giving up on unhealthy meals, adding sugar to curries, changing clothes in the car while eating ice cream, agreeing to marry you for—" he stopped blabbering at once, realizing what he uttered last.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that," he began immediately. "Galti se.."

She bobbed her head sideways with a weak smile.

"My Jaan is a gem of a person," Brinda joined in. "Good or bad, whatever he does, it's always for his loved ones. He lives for them and can go to any extent to see them smiling."

"Absolutely," Aditya agreed. "Pata hain, he even went to the restroom for my baby. That's a different story; she wasn't there," he paused for a second, then continued in admiration, "but he actually went to the women's restroom to console her."

Priya's stomach twisted in knots.

"When?" Brinda questioned him as three of the friends turned to Adi in disbelief.

"The day you set him up on a blind date, Shivina aur Sid ke engagement ke baad. As usual, he ordered a lot of food," he replied.

Adi started narrating while the knots got tighter in Priya's stomach.

'... Paneer tikke toh bante hain. I absolutely love what you make, man! And uske saath woh, um, mutton ke kebab kar dena. Saath mein hari chutney aur thodasa nimbu, correct?'

 Saath mein hari chutney aur thodasa nimbu, correct?'

'Butter carbs, yes! Just make it spicy. I love it... Do that. Dal makhani dal dena and sprinkle it with boondi and butter garlic cheese naan and dessert mein Rabdi and Gulab Jamun and thodasa Tiramisu bhi le aana...'