BSS High Chapter 2

~Author's Note~

Hey guys. Sorry again for the hiatus. After completing our degree, we decided to travel the world for a bit and do some philanthropy work as we worked on our second PhD. We traveled to many places, and we're grateful for the time we spent traveling, as it gave us plenty of inspiration for this BSS universe that we love and care so deeply about. We finally had a couple weeks to sit down and work on the most important thing to us: Bee Swarm Simulator.

We are introducing some new characters in this chapter ;-) but don't worry, your favorite bears will be back in the next update, coming soon! 

We're sitting down in our matching cashmere robes we picked up during our 2 month stay in Paris. A cup of joe in my hand, one of our three dogs resting at my feet, and a heart ready to write.

Enjoy

-Kiwi

~~

-Stick Bug's POV-

Stick Bug arrived at school and approached his locker with hate and malice. All built up from the last few days.

I hate him. I hate Black Bear.

He was seething with so much hate.

On Saturday, Stick Bug went to the local arcade for a couple hours to unwind from the stress of the most recent football game with BSS High School- they lost this one. As well as the one before that.. And the one before that.

"It's that stupid Black Bear. He thinks he's so.. So.. cool." He muttered to himself, "Well, he's as cocky and annoying as everybear else."

He went up to an arcade machine and started throwing down a couple rounds. It was your typical fighting game. And he didn't particularly know how to play it, but mashing the buttons relieved his stress somehow.

"Your best combo was a 2." A voice behind him said. A voice he recognized.

"I'm not training for a world championship. I'm just mashing some buttons to destress a bit." He sharply replied, without looking back.

"Here, let me try."

A set of gooey-like paws gently pushed him away from the game. They set their paws on the buttons and looked up at Stick.

"Alright, alright Gummy. I didn't know you were a pro at fighting games." Stick grumbled, almost sarcastically.

Gummy smirked and shrugged, "I dabble."

She chose her character and began fighting a bot set with the "impossible" difficulty. She was actually pretty good- her highest combo being 30.

"Color me impressed. You scare me sometimes." Stick smiled and chuckled.

Gummy turned to face him, looking up at. "You ok? I haven't seen you smile like that in days. What's going on with you?"

She started to walk toward the eating area. Stick followed her and sighed.

"It's.. it's that stupid Black bear from your school. He's got me all worked up."
Gummy nodded and gestured for them to sit at a booth.

"You're telling me. I hate the guys at that school.. They're so-"
"Cocky and annoying?" Stick interrupted, grinning a bit.

Gummy grinned back and nodded, "Cocky, annoying..and BORING!" She yelled that last part, swinging her hands up in the air, causing a scene.

Stick bug laughed and hushed her, "Hey hey" He patted the table, "Quiet, we have eyes on us."

"What, you're boring too, Stick?" She teased, but settled back down.

"No. Just don't wanna get kicked out 'cause of you! This is the one place in town that hasn't banned us yet." Stick sneered at her and leaned back in the booth.

A moment of silence passed between them. Stick looked back up to see Gummy staring at him with concern in her eyes.

"So... Black Bear. He's stressing you out, huh?" Gummy leaned forward and bunched her eyebrows together, smashing her fist into her open palm, "Do I have to beat someone up for you?"

"No, no." He sighed. "I just, I've been struggling a lot with these past few football games... as you've probably seen." He chuckled, he was clearly embarrassed.

"I.. I don't know if this is my calling. Or, maybe it is.. And I'm just.. Struggling. Struggling with.. Everything.. You know.. Especially." He sighed even deeper and shook his head, "And..and.."

Gummy set her gelatinous paw on his sticky nub. He looked over at her. She was smiling.. Barely.

"I get it. I know. You don't have to talk about it now. I know it's been hard for you. Ok?"
"Thanks.. Gummy." Stick looked away and sighed, for what felt like the billionth today. He was so exhausted.

"Do you wanna go back to my place? I can tweeze your splinters. You really haven't been taking care of yourself." She was teasing him, of course. But she was also right. He hadn't been taking care of himself.

"Yea, that would be great."

~~~

Omg. Just finished. I started crying toward the end so our other two dogs had to comfort me.

Sorry it's a pretty short chapter. We had just got a call from the agency and we had to impromptu attend a local ball. You know what they say! The grind never stops (:

-Kiwi & Starbuck