"Oh, he drowned in the lake." The lady says once noticing our expressions. I sigh in relief, but Nate loudly says, "Yes!" With a fist pump. And he was talking about me. Wow.

"I mean, I am so sorry for your loss!" He tries to reassure the woman in front of us, but she didn't seem to mind the reaction she had gotten from him. "I just... really didn't want a haunted hot tub" He leans on the hot tub, making me slap my hand against my face and shake my head.

Jay smirks and chuckles at me and grabs my arm away from my face. "We'll take it," Jay adds on clearly over the scene before us, and I was too. "Now hold on, wouldn't you want to try it first?" The dumbfounded expression on my face should say everything about that offer. The boys seemed to consider it, but I surely in hell was not getting in there.

It's been a while from when the boys had gotten in with the old lady. I still find it weird in general. They seemed to be uneasy while she was just chilling in the water. "Is it hot enough for you, boys?"

"Yes ma'am," Nate says politely, but Jay was a whole other story, "Whose foot is that!?" He shrieked in repellent. I put a hand over my mouth, trying to hide my smile. "Oh, I love this game." The lady smiled, making it harder for me not to laugh. I put a hand on Jay's shoulder, making him flinch before looking back at me and relaxing with my touch.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"I just don't know what to do, Marion." I have no clue how I got to the point where I started spilling my feelings to this lady, but I did. The sympathy looks I'm getting from both boys weren't helping either. "The silent looks and the longer we don't talk are really getting to me!" I groan at the woman. Making Nate bring a wet hand to rub against my arm to try to comfort me. I give the boy a small smile before looking back at her.

"Talk to her dear, You won't get anywhere by ignorance," She leans closer to me whispering for some reason. "She must be a heartfelt friend if she means this much, is it really worth breaking the friendship over some sad excuses?"

"I so understand, Mar" I nod at her, taking her advice in. "But if that doesn't help, you could always adapt and move on." She adds, making me snap my head up to her... Leave her behind? "Life has much more surprises for you." I look briefly over at the boys, who seem to be in thought too. Is her advice helping them too in some way?

"That's deep," Jay mutters, shaking his head at me with a small smile.

Behind us, a girl comes from the house, "Grandma, No!" She quickly walks down the steps towards us. I stand up straighter, noticing her. " I told you to stop tricking guys into your hot tub!" I look back at the lady with knitted brows, and she gives us a guilty look.

"Wha... she didn't do that. We were just trying it out before we take it." Nate looks back at the young girl who's around our age. "Bro... I think that's the trick." Jay whispers to him, staring at the grandma. "I have got a free kings sized bed upstairs if you'd like to try that out too." The old lady says with a creepy grinning look.

"It's free?" Nate questions. "Bro!"  I roll my eyes at the two, "Get out" I tell them. They quickly scatter out of the hot tub. I hand both of them a towel, "Sorry she wasted your time." The girl our age says.

"She didn't waste all our time, she gave me some good advice," I tell her while making sure the boys are getting dry. "It was fantastic advice, It made me think," Jay says after me making the girl smile. "Well, she always makes the cute ones think."

I let out a laugh at her attempt at flirting, she glances at me with a side-eye. Jay shakes his head at me and pulls me closer to him. The girl got the hint and excused herself. She went back inside, making me feel better.

"What? You believe the advice didn't make me think or that I'm not cute?" He smirks at me. I squint my eyes at him, looking him up and down, analyzing the water beads down his body before making my eyes go back up.

"I believe you're very capable of thinking, pretty boy."

Once those words left my mouth, the boy stopped his movements and looked at me straight in my eyes with his mouth ajar. The shocked look on his face made me smirk while his faded.

"What with the face pretty boy, Oh did you like that nickname JJ."

A smile quickly overtook his face and he grabbed my hips, pulling me into his soaking-wet body. "It's the perfect nickname to give me." He whispers in my ear. I try to get out of his wet grasp but nothing was working, "You're making me wet, JJ."

The pause I took and the look on his face again was priceless to the boy behind Jay who was watching everything play out. Jay's grip loosened while stunned, making me swiftly get out of it.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

It was the next day and everyone was going to The hub to meet up, I was going to see Jay but everyone else was just a bonus.

After making my way in front of the place, I noticed a goat outside, what the hell? Right after that, Nate comes out with lettuce, and Nikki followers right after him. "Do I even want to know?" I ask Nikki. She shakes her head no. "Right, okay, Can I pet him?" I ask them both. "Yeah, I don't think he'll do anything harmful." Nate feeds the goat.

"Can you not put her in harm's way." Jay comes out of nowhere from behind us. "Yeah, what he said." Nikki agreed, making me smile. "Ready to go in?" Jay asks, but I stop him, "I'll meet you inside, I want to pet the goat for a second." He lets out an airy laugh and says okay before walking away.

I start petting the goat, "So how have you two been?" Nikki asks me while coming to stand next to me. "It's been good, We're mostly just teasing each other now." I stop petting the animal and dig through my pockets. "We had a movie night not long ago," I told the girl not paying no kind to her looks at Nate and the excitement on her face.

I pull out my hand sanitizer and pour some on my hands. "Really! That's good to hear." She bumps her shoulder with me, making me let out a smile. "Yeah, I hope nothing messes it up right now." I put my stuff away, "I should head inside. I'll talk to you guys later, Bye!"

I walk into the food place and glance around, one table had Ozzie and Gwen. Leia had been walking back over to their table. The advice that lady gave to me pops through my head, but I quickly snap out of it.

I walk over to the table Jay was sitting at, "Hey!" He smiles up at me, pointing at the fries in the middle of the table. "Hey, I got you fries and I got us our own table since I know you probably didn't want to sit with them at the moment."

I swear can this dude get any sweeter, He's making my heart swoon and I don't even know if I like it or not...

I do like it...

"Thank you." I smile at him taking my seat on the opposite side of him.

I felt eyes on me from behind, But I didn't spend any more time thinking about it. I know whos watching so why not let them stare.