Year 1 || T W O ||

31st, July 1991.

"Happy birthday y/n," "Happy birthday Harry"

"Happy birthday Harry"

———

The next week went as expected. Uncle Vernon hadn't let me and Harry out that whole week. Quite literally.

Thankfully uncle Vernon had come to his senses and decided to let me and Harry out. Only for meals and to get the post mail of course.

And that was exactly what I was doing. Harry had just made lunch for the day and I was getting the mail from the mailbox. Though as I was flipping through the envelopes I came across a letter designated to me and Harry.

Though just as I pulled those two letters separate from the stack Dudley snatched them out of my hand and rushed over to his father. "Dad! Dad look the potters have gotten a letter!" Dudley said as he raced into the dinning room with me not far behind.

I tried snatching the letters out of his hand. "Give them back! They are ours not yours!" I shouted as i chased after the boy. Though uncle Vernon beat me to it and snatched the letters out of Dudley's hand and read them for himself.

Just as he back reading the letters his face fell to the floor. He looked for me to Harry before ripping them. "In the cubby" uncle Vernon said. Although me and Harry just looked at one another.

"Now!" Uncle Vernon shouted causing me and Harry to rush out of the dining room and into our cubby.

With absolutely nothing to do Harry played with his action figures and I read one of my books hoping it would past time in the slightest bit.

The next few days where filled with me and Harry getting non stop letters. And every time uncle Vernon would either rip them or burn them in our fire place.

Soon enough our house was swarmed with owls which was uncommon for London I mean we barely saw a owl a day but to see 20 all around your house? That's like getting snow in 100 degree weather.

Unsurprisingly uncle Vernon had soon grower annoyed and decided to put and 'end' to the letters. So he brought the family to an old light house in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

As me and Harry laid on the floor beside Dudley Harry and I drew a little cake with our names imprinted on it with the heavy coat of dust that was layered on the floor.

I turned to Dudley's watch and set a timer for exactly 12:00 am when me and Harry would turn 11. Both me and Harry looked at each other as the watch went off.

"Happy birthday y/n" Harry said with a broad smile on his face. "Happy birthday Harry" I said while pulling my brother into a tight and loving hug.

We shared one last smile before blowing the dust chasing the cake me and Harry had drawn momentarily to vanish.