Prologue

In the white expanse the demon stood, looming over the corpse of the small creature. Its head had rolled off to the side, a trail of crimson in its wake. Dull pupils stared at him, no life hidden behind. The body's large tentacles were splayed out limply, giant compared to the dead creature's tiny form.

His scythe disappeared as he let go of it, returning to the shadows it was made from. His tail lashed in relieving agitation.

"Finally," he growled, "He was annoying."

As if on cue, a few figures appeared in the void a few feet from him. Five humanoids, each with their heads floating and resembling planets. The middle one was the tallest, rings surrounding his celestial head. Two moons orbited him, each staring at the place they had appeared in.

He grumbled, annoyed. He turned around, black and red eyes glaring at the newcomers. This wasn't the first time this happened. First that fox thing, who no doubt was still around the void somewhere. Then Syolik, some rainbow creature that originated from a blob. Dreachni, the small one he had just killed, was lying dead on the floor. And now these guys.

"Alright, now who are you guys?" He growled, baring sharp teeth threateningly as his wings flared in defense.

The tall one turned to him, as did his moons. He smiled, friendly. "Oh, hello! I am Aris-B. And who are you? You don't look like anyone I know,"

The demon huffed. "Well, you don't look like anyone I know, either." His mistrustful gaze didn't leave the planet-humanoid, observing him and his companions thoroughly.

The smallest of the five, one whose head seemed to resemble lava, ran forwards, full of excitement and curiosity. In his enthusiasm, his tail gets in the way of his path, and he trips onto the floor.

Aris-B quickly helps him up. "Be careful, Velcan." He looked up at the demon with an apologetic gaze. "Sorry about him. He's a bit of a roughhouse." Aris-B tilted his head. "I don't believe I got your name, though?"

"Indeed you didn't," the demon confirmed, "Because I've had a hell of a day and my trusting of new people is very quickly decreasing."

The lava one, apparently named Velcan, called out to his companions. "Pang! Aster! Check this thing out!"

To verify his statement, he pointed at the demon's tail, swishing side to side. The two mentioned planet-children, Pangea and Asterius, ran forwards from where they stood with Aris-B. The trio stared in wonder at the demon's tail, as if it was a wondrous thing they'd never experienced before. The demon, in response, gave them an annoyed glare, his tail twirling with a flick as if responding to Velcan's statement.

Velcan's mouth opened wide with awe. "IT MOVED!" he pointed out ecstatically.

"HOLY QUASAR!" Pangea added.

Asterius looked at the demon tail, following it until he met the demon's still agitated gaze. "I think it belongs to Mr... Demon."

With that simple statement, he turned and walked back to Aris-B, while Pangea and Velcan continued to admire the demon's tail. The fifth planet, Phobos, had been standing back with Aris-B, hiding in fear of the grey demon.

As he should be.

His patience spent, the demon summoned a long scythe with a blood red blade, the sharp edge inches from the children's throats. He growled, "Back off, little ones. We wouldn't want an... accident, now, would we?"

The demon grew a malicious grin as the children shrieked in terror, panicking and running back to Aris-B. As Aris-B comforted the frightened planets, Aris-A and Aris-C, Aris-B's two small moons, stared at the demon.