"Welcome viewers to a shadow play the likes of which have never been seen. It follows the tragic tale of a legendary warrior, and how those who bring light into this world inevitability bring darkness to those they hold dear." 

"Mei, I just realized something." MK whispered, with large eyes. 

"What?" Mei asked, looking over at him. His eyes narrowed. "I..I.. I don't have snacks!" Y/N just looked at him with a blank stare.

 "Kid, relax, you literally just ate!" Pigsy said, as MK sweated in his seat, looking eager to retrieve snacks. 

"Must get snacks!" Y/N rolled her eyes and huffed. He just had to miss out on the play to get snacks. She looked back the shadow performance, hearing the door slam at MK's quick leave. After a bit, the gaze burning through her skull was getting annoying, so she looked back at where the Mayor was, but to her surprise, he wasn't there. 

"Wha?" She muttered, dragging out the vowel before turning back to the play. As she did that, she saw empty seats next to her and turned towards them. All her friends were gone. She looked at where they once were, before frowning. She crossed her arms, huffing as she looked at the empty stage.

"Well, F you guys too."

{~~❤~~}

Y/N snored, laying down on the bleachers and sleeping. She was waiting for MK to come back so that he could maybe find where their friends with, but fell asleep while waiting. MK soon barged through the door, the loud noise waking up a certain tired child. Y/N jumped at the loud bang of the door opening, and fell of the bleachers. 

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. Where's that step?" MK tried to navigate his way to his seat, the pile of food blocking his view of being able to see his missing friends properly. He fell into his seat, as the lights dim. "Ha ha! Got back just in time! Oh!" He scrambled into the pile of junk food, before extending an arm with a drink in his hand, hovering it where Mei's seat is. Y/N groaned, rubbing her eyes. "And here's that drink you asked for Mei." He dropped the drink, expecting her to take it, but was confused when it fell on the bleacher, slightly spilling. "Uh, Mei?" MK looked around, realizing he and Y/N were the only one there. "Y/N, Where'd they?! Did they get bored already or-?" The purple light of the now glowing lantern caught both their attention. "Whoa! So sparkly!" MK said, in awe. 

Y/N stared at the lantern, but soon focused her attention on the play as the puppeteer spoke. A shadow of the sun and the moon from outer space showed, before changing into two silhouetted figures, going on adventures, and fighting back-to-back. Y/N could recognize the first one as Monkey King, since it was holding a staff. The other Y/N couldn't put her finger on. She felt there was something about the other that made it familiar to her. 

"The hero and the warrior were like the Sun and the Moon. Their light, a protective glow, shining upon the world. Together, there was nothing that could stop the two of them. Either in the Celestial Realms or on Earth." The shadow showed the Monkey King puppet being able to transform into different animals and clone himself. The light from the lantern grew as a powerful gust of wind blew on MK and Y/N. MK slightly covered his face, but Y/N continued to stare at the play, unable to take her eyes off. "As time went on, the hero attained power beyond comprehension. As the hero's light grew, so too did his shadow. And soon, the warrior was cast in that shadow. In the darkness, the warrior was forgotten by the hero."

{~~❤~~}

Outside the theater, MK tried to called Mei on the phone. Y/N was standing next to him, an arm around his as she stared at the phone, waiting for Mei to answer.