Game On

I'm going to start working on a redesign for Y/N in Season 3!

____________________________________________________________

"Maybe in here?" MK grunted when he didn't find what he was looking for, throwing around pieces of clothing and looking in every nook and cranny in Monkey King's hut. Sandy helped him look around, while Mei sat on the wooden couch. 

Y/N sat on the ground, her legs crossed as she watched MK look around the hut. Mei looked over next to her, seeing a VR headset. She picked it up, before putting it on as MK lifted one of the wooden couches legs, making Mei slide to the other side as MK lifted it at an angle. Mei made an 'Oof' noise as she hit the other side of the couch. 

"There's gotta be something.." 

"Remind me what it is we're looking for?" Sandy said, looking through a chest. He found a yellow cube with red stars on each side, and perked up as he held it in his hands. "Is this it?" He asked, making MK teleport over to him, holding his hand out. MK teleported the object into his hand, before looking at it. He threw it at the wall as it shattered, frustrated. 

"I'm trying to find something that will make me super super powerful, so I can defeat-" He paused, having flashbacks to the incident in the Spider Queen's lair. Y/N looked at him, as a troubled expression was on her face. She knew exactly who he was talking about. MK quickly shook his head, before pacing. "S-Someone. Anyone! Y'know, to be sure I got what it takes to take on the next big bad!" MK stood determined at the end, as Y/N looked at Mei, who grabbed a controller and started to play the game. 

Sandy was thrown onto the couch, making Y/N flinch. MK started doing tricks with his staff, explaining how he's already mastered all of Monkey Kings lessons. 

"Maybe you need a break, little man. Kick back for a bit" Sandy said, making MK lean forward and put his hands on his hips. Y/N slightly snickered at his sassiness. 

"Uh, did Monkey King ever take breaks?" 

"He's literally on vacation right now! Plus, he has logged some serious hours on this game." Mei said, making MK look over at the television. 

"What?" 

"Yeah, like ten thousand." MK put his hand on his chin, narrowing his eyes. 

"No way Monkey King would have wasted time on this." 

"He definitely would." Y/N responded. MK suddenly gasped, coming to a realization 

"Unless.. Yes! THIS MUST BE IT!" He grabbed the headset and controller off Mei, making her glare at him. 

"Hey, MK!" 

"You said it before Mei, Monkey King isn't going to give me the answers straight." 

"I said that?" MK looked at the headset. 

"Monkey left me this game for a reason. It has to contain the knowledge to some unbelievably powerful new ability!" Mei and Y/N looked at the game cover. 

"Or, it's just a cruddy old video game Monkey King likes, because his face is on the box." 

"Yea, that's probably the reason." Y/N said, before looking at MK who was looking around with the headset on. 

"This is amazing. It looks just like Monkey King's house." 

"That's because I haven't turned it on yet." Mei said boredly, before pressing a button on the side of the device, turning it on. Y/N watched the screen as a little avatar on MK popped up. 

"This is so... Uh.. Immersive?" MK said, looking around. A chicken came out from the bushes, glitching out a bit, before disappearing. "It is true that if I die in here, I'll die in real life?!" The other three watched as MK squirmed.