Chapter 3

Nica was walking through her apartment building when her phone rang. She answered the call. "Nica James." She answered. She waved and gave a small smile to a neighbor who passed her.

 She waved and gave a small smile to a neighbor who passed her

"Hello Miss James. This is Christian Grey. I hope that I'm not bothering you." He said through the phone. Nica got serious. "Hello Mr. Grey. Happy to hear from you." She told him, trying to keep her anxiety in check.

" She told him, trying to keep her anxiety in check

She hoped that his call meant that she got the job. Her lease was almost up, and she needed the money. 

"I would like you to come to my office building. I want to speak to you. I will see you in twenty minutes." Before she could say anything more to him, he had already hung up on her.

She frowned at her phone. She went to her car, and when she got the GPS for the Grey building.

When she arrived, she went to the front desk. "Hi. I have a meeting with Mr. Grey. My name is Nica James." She told the man at the desk. The man looked at her, then at the computer screen that told him that indeed that this woman was to go see his boss.

"Yes Miss James. I have you on the schedule. Take the elevator over there to the top floor." He told her handing her a pass. Nica gave a polite smile as she took the pass. She then headed to do as he told her to.

She fidgeted with her over shirt in anxiety, biting her lower lip. This was it. This was the make it or break it moment. She was either going to be leaving with a job or leaving without a job.

__

When she arrived, she was led by a woman to the main office of Christian Grey. She took some deep breaths before she knocked on the door, and went inside when she was called in. "Hello Miss James. Please take a seat." Christian told her.

She looked at him a moment before going to the chairs in front of his desk. 

"Hello Mr. Grey. Thank you for calling me back." Nica told him being polite. He looked at her. Nica noticed that he still wore his wedding ring. She noticed the last time. She admired that he loved his wife so much that he kept the ring on. To feel like he was still married to her. That she was still alive.

It broke her heart. He must've loved her so much. 

Nica had investigated Ana and Christian. He really loved her. And she really loved him as well. 

"I have called you here to offer you a job." Christian told her. Nica perked up and smiled brightly. She was so happy that she got the job! "Thank you so much Mr. Grey. You won't regret this." Nica told him. 

He liked when she looked happy. It was like when Ana was happy. They glowed the same way.

"I will give you a room in the house. That way you can work easily. You have an apartment, correct?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. She nodded. "Yeah. My lease is almost up." She told him. He nodded once. 

"I will pay to have your lease cancelled. I want you to take the rest of the week to get packed, and moved in." He told her, handing her one of his cards. "Give this to your landlord. Tell them to call me, so I can do so." Christian told her.

Nica took the card and looked at it for a moment, before her green eyes met his steely blue ones. She nodded. "Yes sir. Thank you, sir. I will do my very best to take care of your kids. When can I meet them?" She asked. 

Not realize that her saying Sir made his dominant side come out. She said it innocently, and politely.

 "I can have you come over tonight to meet them. They are currently with my mother Grace." He told her. She nodded. "Thank you so much. I will be there tonight. Is six good?" She asked. He nodded. 

"That's fine." He agreed. "Thank you again. I can't thank you enough. I will head back to my apartment and give the card to my landlord." Nica told him. Christian nodded. Nica stood and held her hand out to him, to which he took and shook.

"I will see you tonight Miss James." He told her. She smiled and nodded. "Yes sir." She agreed.