Chapter 4

Nica pulled up and parked in front of the house that she was given directions to go to. She was a bit nervous. She was going to be meeting the Grey kids. She hoped they liked her. She loved kids, and she loved taking care of them. 

So, she hoped that they liked her. It's also a great job opportunity. The pay would be great as well, so, that would be a great bonus as well.

She took some deep breaths before grabbing her bag and got out of the car. She held her bag close as she headed up to the front door. She was a bit early, but she was too nervous to wait any longer. 

She rang the doorbell and waited for the door to open.

Mr. Grey soon opened the door, and when he saw her, he smiled at her. "Miss James. You're early. Please come on in." He told her as he stepped back as he allowed her inside. She gave a small smile and nod in a thanks before she walked inside.

She looked around her in awe. It was a beautiful home inside and out apparently.

Nica heard that Ana helped with designing this place. This was Ana's dream home. She was happy that she was still remembered by the family living there still. She found his love for her after death was admirable. 

She looked and smiled at Christian. "This place is beautiful." She told him. He gave a kind smile. "Thank you. Ana chose everything. This was her dream home. I made sure that everything in this place was something that Ana loved." He told her.

"Well. It's amazing." She told him. "I'm sorry I'm early. I was excited to meet the kids." She told him. "Well, my mother took them to get something to eat. She wanted to make sure they were fed before coming home." Christian told her.

Nica nodded with a smile still. 

"Oh. That's fine." She told him as she followed him. He led her inside more, and to the living room. She sat down and put her bag on the ground near her feet. "Should I have taken my shoes off?" She asked him.

He shook his head. "No. You're fine. Please relax." He told her. She let out a small breathy laugh as she looked down, tucking her hair behind her ears. She looked at him. "So. Tell me about Theodore and Pheobe." She suggested so they wouldn't be in awkward silence. 

He went to a table to get a picture frame. She took it when he held it out to her. She smiled seeing the little boy holding his infant sister. "Teddy is very loving and protective of Pheobe. He also loves cars, and anything sweet." He told her.

She handed it back to him as he spoke.

"Pheobe, she's been a very good baby. We are trying to get her to sleep through the night though." Christian explained. Nica nodded as she listened to him speak. Nica could see how much he loved his kids.

But she could sense some sadness when he spoke about the infant. 

Probably cause Ana died giving birth to her. She was happy he didn't hate her like she's heard people do when this thing happened. As it wasn't the baby's fault. 

He kept talking to her about his children. He even lead her around the home. Showing her where the children's rooms were, where the kitchen was, where things were. Everything.

"So. Do you have a partner? I just want to know because I do not want someone uninvited that I don't know coming to my home or being around my children." Christian told her. She could understand that. But she didn't know that he was trying to make that the reason he wanted to know.

"Oh. Yeah... no I don't." Nica told him. Christian nodded. "And I would never just invite someone over or anything like that without your permission. I promise." She told him. He gave her a smile. "Good."

__

Grace soon arrived with the Grey children. Pheobe was crying. Little Theodore ran over to hug his daddy. Christian picked his son up and hugged him, as he went over to greet his mother. 

"She's been grumpy today. I think her stomach hurts." She told him. "It might be the formula. I'm trying a new one." Christian said, putting Teddy down so he can start getting his daughter out. 

"Sir? If I may?" Nica asked as she held her arms out. He smiled and nodded, allowing her to pick the baby up. Holding Pheobe close and started rubbing her back. She then started humming to the baby.

Christian introduced Nica to his mother Grace as the new Nanny

Christian introduced Nica to his mother Grace as the new Nanny. He then introduced Theodore to her. "Teddy? This is Nica. She's going to be helping to take care of you and Pheobe. She's going to play with you as well when I can't." He tried to explain to his son.

Teddy smiled and hugged Nica. She could see that he was good and polite kid.

She was going to like this job.