What just happened?

Bailey's P.O.V

"Did you really think I wouldn't know?..."

"What did I ever do for you to hate me this much?..."

"If you want me gone, just say so..."

My head throbbed in pain hearing all those words. It hurt me so deeply. I could feel the regret but I can't remember what happened. 

I could see some short snippets in black and white, like pictures of me and Rowan. Snippets of Rowan holding my hands and begging me not to tell. Did I really cheat on Ruth? Was I really in love with him while being married to her?

I wouldn't. No way. No matter what, I'd never do that to anyone, let alone my wife.

But you did. 

NO! 

"Is that true Bailey?", Emma turned to me with red shot eyes. 

I shake my head but my eyes spoke differently. 

"I don't know", I whispered hanging my head low in shame. 

"You really don't deserve her", Emma walked away furiously, nudging my shoulders harshly. 

I can never forget the look Emma gave me. It was full of disgust and disappointment for breaking her best friend's heart. But I don't really know if I actually did it. Adding to it, I don't remember anything as such. The only one who could answer all my questions now is him, Rowan.

Ruth went out in a hurry and I can't even understand a fraction of how much pain I've put her through. It doesn't even matter at this point, I don't hate her that much to keep inflicting pain on her. In fact, over time I realize, I never really hated her. I was just angry that she left that day. 

Arrgggg, I just need to talk to Rowan now and hear the truth from him. I pray to still have the ability to know between lies and truths. 

I went in again and told Emma to keep Luke with her for the night till I find a way to sort things with Ruth. Though she was mad at me, she can see I was trying and she was willing to help me. I really owe her a lot. 

I got in a cab and off I went to Rowan's. 

Knocking on the door furiously, someone pulled the door open in panic. There he stood, looking clueless and unclear on why I was hysterical.

"Hey, Bailey. What's up? Are you okay?" he asked opening the door wider and getting closer to comfort me. I quickly shoved him further.

"Rowan, please be honest with me and tell me I didn't cheat on my wife with you", I let it out with fear of what the truth may hold lingering in my shaky voice. 

He looked shocked for a second, but regained composure soon after. 

"Come on, let's have a seat. It's about time", he said making me even more nervous of what I may have done. 

A thousand thoughts were clouding my brain, all of it was getting worse, one after another with the bad possibilities. No matter what, Ruth doesn't deserve this. 

Author's notes:

Hey guyyysss, my apologies for this fairly short chapter but I promise to make it up to you in the next few. Thank you for reading and let me know in the comments your thoughts on this chapter.

Did Bailey really cheated on Ruth with Rowan?