• Chapter 14 •

Start from the beginning

But knowing Ghost, half of them would be dead by the time she arrived at the door.

„We need Sin Nombre alive," the said man emphasized, taking the space between her and Soap.

„And preferably not let him go, like you-know-who," Rora suggested, earning a pointed look from the lieutenant. She shrugged her shoulder, knowing that she just spoke facts.

„Well... Then we need to meet him."

„How?" Soap furrowed his eyebrows.

„Give 'em what they want..." Graves held a dramatic pause, looking at each of them. „Intel. They wanna know who's here. Let's tell 'em."

Oh, this man is crazy.

„In person-?" Alejandro asked in disbelief, his confusion visible.

„Correcto... Get one of us inside, find the boss... roll him up."

He was crazy. But she was crazier.

„Okay," Rora nodded along, already planning ahead in her head. „Let's roll, boys."

„You've got a plan?" Alejandro looked at her, her nodding her head confidently.

„I'll go in. You guys cover me."

„No way," Ghost protested, his voice cold, earning a sharp glance from her. „With the possibility of a concussion, you're not going in alone."

„But-"

„No," he glared at her, her huffing out the air through her flared nostrils. This man and his no's. „You're staying here, Wells. End of discussion."

Alejandro let out a small chuckle, shaking his head at the duo.

„You're la chica mas loca, hermana," he mused, sending her an amused look, his eyes wandering to the bruising forming on her head. „But Ghost's right. That," he pointed to the bruise and small cut above her left eyebrow. „Is se ve rudo."

„I understood, like, half of what you just said," Rora blinked at him, earning another laugh from him.

She felt like a child, getting scolded by an adult for doing something incredibly stupid, and it ignited the fire within her. But he was right – in her current state, she would probably not be the badass she usually was, sudden movement's still causing her to lose balance sometimes.

But she would rather die than say that he was right.

„I'll do it," Soap volunteered, a determined look on his face as the others looked at him.

„You go in there, and they'll kill you, hermano," Alejandro cut in, and she knew he was serious by the weight of his tone.

„You're not gonna protest?" she asked Ghost, him choosing to ignore her comment.

„I'll take my chances," Soap's eyes crossed her gaze, a small piece of heart frailing with panic inside her. „We came here to stop a missile, let's stop it. I'll offer intel for a meet with Sin Nombre. And if he's there, we pounce."

Maybe he was even crazier than her.

Alejandro murmured something in Spanish, Rora kicking herself internally for being so incompetent to pick up on Spanish. Seeing the confused and angry look on her face, Alejandro switched to English for her sake.

„You make it in you'll need eyes and ears. I'll go too," he declared, Soap nodding at him.

„I'll take overwatch," Ghost spoke up, her head jerking towards him.

We," she chimed in, and when their eyes met, she flashed him a smile.

You wanted me to stay, now you gotta deal with me.