Chapter 9- go easy on her.

Fluster warning for the end of the chapter!!!!
-Miss Peregrines POV-

I wake up the next day to y/n huddled up beside me, her face a scorn. I stroke my hand lightly over her hair, her face slowly relaxing. When i feel myself smiling over this girl though, i stop in my tracks. I get up quickly -and quietly- scolding myself in my head;
She's just lost everything, everyone! I think.
Not to mention that her girlfriend also died...
It just wouldn't be fair of me not to let her heal! I shake my head, then putting on my usual neutral look. I walk to the closet getting dressed, and remind myself that she will today have to take a shower, if her hair was to salvage at all! I lay out a small towel and then a bigger one.
Do her wings getting wet mean, that she can't fly?.. like a birds would? I wondered, deciding to put out another towel for her wings. I went downstairs, opening up the front door, and only quickly slipping out to get some flowers. I picked about 5-6 lavenders, and quietly made my way inside, and upstairs again. Of course locking the door behind me. I stacked the towels, and put the flowers on top of them. The night she'd gotten here, she had, besides blood, smelled like lavender. I could only hope that this would be calming, rather than unsettling for her. I walked out of the bathroom seeing her wing in the most uncomfortable position it could've possibly been in... i slowly walk over, lifting her body just a little, to let her wing unravel. It did exactly that, the scorn on her face now also slowly disappearing.

"Of course that's uncomfortable sweetie" I whisper. -unfortunately- giving her a peck on the forehead. Right afterwards i stood confused.
Why did i just do that?! I think immediately after.

"Get your head in the game crazy bird!" I whisper shout at myself.
I'm going crazy. I think facepalming myself with a sigh. It was about the time the children would get up, maybe i should just head down!..

_____________

Once I'd finished the pancake batter, I grabbed the pan and began heating it up on the stove. I stood there leaned up against the kitchen counters just enjoying the morning sun on my back, warming me up, when suddenly i heard footsteps. Though I couldn't quite place them on one of the children. I tensed just the slightest bit, my hands tightening around the counters. My eyes were directed at the door, almost as if i was trying to pierce a hole in it by just starring at it. Soon enough though a curious set of eyes I recognized immediately, peaked around the frame. It was y/n. She looked careful, and sweet.

"you're awake" I state giving her a soft smile, keeping my voice low as I speak. I wouldn't want the children to storm her again. She smiled back and went inside the kitchen. I laughed slightly, feeling the slight pink creeping up into my cheeks, when seeing she had slipped into the blouse from yesterday. My blouse. Not that it mattered...

"I'm sorry. I'll buy you some clothes soon" I said apologetic. She chuckled.

"Oh, no. I'm not uncomfortable. Unless you want it back I can just-"she says but I cut her off before she could put more guilt on herself;

"No-"I said, possibly a little bit too quick.

"I just thought that you might be uncomfortable. Since we've only just met." I said offering her a smile.

"No, it's quite alright" she said smiling back. Her eyes had this sparkle...

"What?" she asked me suddenly, and I noticed that I hadn't been quite good at hiding my emotions, as a wide smile was now resting on my face.

"Oh I- it's nothing... I'm just glad that you're getting comfortable, is all." I say, toning my smile down a bit while saying so.

-A/n: I'm in class, supposed to be reading right now... obviously I'm not though-