Chapter 7- Beautiful and Elegant

-Miss Peregrines POV-
I walk upstairs expecting for y/n to be right at the top of the stairs... but she wasn't. I immediately think the worst. What if she ran away. She did try to jump out of the window to flee once before. Why not now again. After the children basically attacked her? And especially in her mental state?
"Birds please let her be in here" I whisper so silently, I almost couldn't hear it myself. I open the door, doing my best to camouflage the sheer panic on my face. Which i knew probably wasn't going to well...
I exhale out of relief when i see her looking out the window. From behind she looked so very peaceful and elegant. The sun shone upon her hair making it seem like it was glowing. Her wings completely relaxed, just laying down from her side, and all the way onto the floor. Laying like drapes from her shoulders, elegantly beautiful. I hear her sniffle my panic now completely vanishing. She'd already calmed herself down.
"Can i come closer?" I asked her carefully. Another sniffle, then a slow -but sure- nod.
I slip out of my heals, not wanting to overstimulate her with the noice and clicking if the heals.
"I'm sorry. I tried to stay, but then my thoughts started racing, and i just couldn't stand in the middle of the hallway." She said. I didn't say anything. She wasn't blaming herself for not staying. She wasn't frantically speaking. She seemed empty, like fallen angel. Beautiful and elegant, but broken.
"Stop yourself!" I whisper-scold myself.
"What?"
"Oh nothing" i say quickly. Opening the window. Her arms laid on the window cill, crossed. While her body stretched to the floor, her wings along with it.
"Just promise me one thing?" I half ask.
She tilts her head towards me and i give her a soft smile. She doesn't look sad just neutral. And stunningly pretty....
"Just.... Keep breathing for me?" I say, and she gives me a soft smile. I return hers the walking out, picking up my heals on the way out.

* * *
WOW! I'm not dead?
No! I'm not dead<3