"What else could I be?"

"Well... ya' friends sell drugs—."

"—that ain't got shit to do with me, I lost my daddy to that shit. I'll never serve anything or anyone."

"Not even god?"

"I'm not religious." She shrugged. "You're not religious?"

"Nah."

"It's like you're so boring but interesting.. you know?"

"How is following no religious tradition interesting?" Syd asked, a bit confused. "Because, so if you're not religious then what're your thoughts on religion?"

"I think, religion is perfect for someone who wanna live in fear."

"So you don't live in fear?"

"No reason to, life ain't shit but a chance, girl." Syd shrugged, Honey raised an eyebrow. "A chance? You get multiple chances at life."

"In life, not at life. You only get one opportunity to make this the best experience you've ever had. I don't wanna waste my time thinking that I'm going to hell for tattooing my body, being gay, drinking, eating meat. All that shit stupid as hell." She explained, Honey started to get it a little.

"So, what do you think your purpose is?"

"I don't think I have one." Syd shrugged. "I'm just here."

"See, weird ass."

"I'm weird because I don't want nothing out of life. I worked hard and will continue to work hard for everything I have and will have. But nothing is a big enough achievement for me." She explained, Honey said nothing.

"You don't think your family still being here is an achievement?"

"I been alone for a few years, it's great to know that they're alive but I don't really care about them." She shrugged, Honey glanced over at her.

"Girl, you're confusing me."

"You asking, all I'm doing is answering." Syd chuckled with a shrug. "You.... Don't think that your family being here is something that you should take advantage of. You don't wanna see them? Do you even talk to them?"

"I talk to my brother.."

"And?"

"That's it." She shrugged, Honey sighed. "Why not your mom?"

"If she wanted to talk to me she would've reached out, we both grown and I'm damn sure not kissing her ass." She shrugged, furrowing her eyebrows a bit.

"You're just stubborn as hell."

"Shit where you think I get it from." She replied. "Why don't you wanna talk to her?"

"I just don't."

"Can you be real with me for a second, please?"