Chapter 8

A/N: I am so sorry it took so long to post. From now on instead of posting after I get so many reads on a chapter, I will just post 1-2 random days a week. Remember that it takes a long time to write a chapter and I still have school so it is hard to update frequently. Well, happy reading! Oh, and I made this chapter extra long just for yooooouuuu;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had avoided Aiden all of yesterday, but I know I can't now because today is the day of the Valentine's Day dance. I know it is kind of silly and we've always been friends so I shouldn't have expected anything but it still hurts and I didn't want to break down in front of him. I stared into my closet really wondering if I should wear the dress I picked out the other day. I looked at the short baige dress with red lace covering it from head to toe, {picture of it in the sidebar} And wondered how I got into buying a dress in the first place. I mean it is pretty, it really is, but the occasion just seems not important now that I know that me and Aiden are just going as friends. It makes feel like I don't need to dress up. However my mom did spend a lot of money on the article of clothing so I guess that I should wear it. I stripped out of my jeans and old Beetles T-shirt, and put on the bloodred weapon of death, okay so maybe it wasn't that evil but it was an emblem of something I didn't want to be reminded of. I walked over to my mirror and observed how it looked on me. I gasped. I didn't realize that I could actually feel beautiful. It fit my figure perfectly and the color really suited my skin tone. If only Aiden saw what I saw. I grabbed a pair of red flats from my closet and went to the bathroom. I was trying to decide what I would do with my hair until I realized I only had 20 minutes until Aiden got here and I still had to do my makeup! I hastily braided it and wrapped it around my head, to make it look like a headband. Once I was satisfied with it (under the circumstances) I grabbed my makeup bag from under the cabinet and got to work. I never actually wore makeup but I thought I should still clean myself up for the event. Yes, maybe it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but I didn't want to look "under dressed" compared to my other classmates who would be there. I first just took my Smashbox camera ready BB cream and gently spread it over my face. I didn't want to use the normal foundation because I was hoping I would be dancing, so I wanted to put on something light and airy. I then took my stiffling brush and applied the setting power to cover any blemishes. On to the eyes! I took a white eyeliner and put it on the inside of my eyes to make them look more alive and bigger. I then took a primer from Mac and primed my eyelids before applying the eyeshadow. I decided to do a smokey eye with pink tones and use a glittery white color under my brow bone to really define them. I then took a black liquid eyeliner and lined my water line before moving up to my tight line and curving the end upward to make the look more dramatic. I then took my Falsies mascara from Maybelline (maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline) and coated my eyelashes. After that I took a light bubble gum pink blush and applied it around my cheekbones. Finally I coated my lips in Baby Lips then layered it with a vibrant red lipstick that matched the dress. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror and knew I was ready. I slipped on my red flats, just in time. The doorbell rang and just like the chicken I am I yelled to my mom to get it. I peeked over the railing of my stairs to see Aiden fiddling with his thumbs nervously as he waited in the doorway. It wasn't prom or anything like that so he wasn't wearing a tux but he still looked A-MAZ-ING. He was wearing a white v-neck with a black vest and some dark jeans, matched with red converse. Being the awkward person I am I crawled down the stairs on all floors trying to be unnoticeable. But of course I had to go and miss a step, making me scream as I tumbled down the stairs. Aiden soon spotted me and started having the longest laugh attack ever. He doubled over and clutched his stomach as he was soon sprawled across the floor down next to me. Yep, this was normal.

"Thanks," I mumbled sarcastically, as I sat up onto my elbows.

"Wait, let me help you up," Aiden said trying to contain his laughter. He gave me his hand and we helped each other up. And yes, the sparks just had to keep shooting up my arms. Once we were finally standing up Aiden kind if dazed out. I tried waving my hand over his eyes, but what did I get....nothing.