Chapter 5

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry I haven't posted in a week, I've been really busy, with my imaginary boyfriend and all. Also, Instead of posting every Tuesday, Thursday, and weekend I will be doing it once each chapter reaches so many reads. I will post the next chapter after this one gets 40 reads. Happy reading:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey," I said sitting down next to Aiden at our regular lunch table.

"How did the errands go?" Aiden asked.

"Okay," I replied.

"What'd you do?" He questioned again.

"Nothing important," I mumbled picking at my food.

"Anything you do is important. C'mon, tell me. I promise not to laugh."

"I went dress shopping," I basically mouthed still looking down.

"You did what?" Aiden asks sincerely, not in a teasing tone.

"I went dress shopping," I said, just barely a little louder.

"I'm sorry, Charlotte, but I really can't hear you."

"I went dress shopping!" I yelled, causing the heads of the people sitting next to us to turn.

"That isn't bad," Aiden said trying to reassure me.

"It is when you're not going," I mumbled crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why not?" Aiden said scrunching up his eyebrows.

"I don't have a date," I whispered, then said it a little louder because I didn't want the situation that just happened to repeat itself. Aiden started laughing and a smile crossed his face.

"You're going with me," he stated, letting a wave of emotions washed over me. I was excited because this was the boy of my dreams we were talking about, but I was also a little angry because A) He acted like I didn't have any say in this, and B) he didn't ask me in a romantic way, or any way at that.

"When did this happen?" I stuttered, unsure of what I really should be saying.

Aiden frowned, "I thought you wouldn't mind."

"I don't, I'm really happy I didn't buy the dress for nothing after all, it's just that you never asked me."

I saw a glint of mischievousness in his eyes as he grabbed his tray and threw it away, " I'll see you guys later I have some business I have to take care of," he said emphasizing the word business.

"Wait! What are you-" but before I could finish he was off, doing who knows what.

I sighed taking a bite out of my apple. Vanessa scooted over next to me, which I was in every way thankful for.

"Hey," I said, still munching on my apple.

"Can I see your dress?" She said anxiously. I was surprised by her enthusiasm, considering that this topic bored me to death.

"It's not that glamorous. It's just plain little thing," I said trying to move the conversation along.

"Well...," she said totally ignoring me, "Does it have a sweetheart neck line? Is it a mermaid fit? Is it sparkly? is there color blocking? What color is it? Is it a jaw dropping red? Or is it a bubble gum pink? Oh, I know! It's a-

"Vanessa?" I interjected.

"-burgundy. That's going to be so beautiful. Can I do your makeup? If we matched-"

"Vanessa?" I tried to get her attention.

"It with some red lipstick and a smokey eye that would be gorgeous-"

"Vanessa!" I yelled into her ear.

"Yes?" She turned to me.

"If you really want to see it I have a picture of it on my phone-"

"Okay!" She said eagerly inching towards me. I reached into my pocket and I soon as I got it out and unlocked it it was yanked out of my hands. {picture in sidebar}

"Don't mess with-" I started.

"Ahh! That's so cute!" She squealed, totally fan-girling over my dress.

"Whatever you say," I yawned eating a bit of my pizza. She was still overreacting whenever I finished my slice and threw away my trash.

"Are you gonna eat that? I asked pointing to her cookie. She shook her head, still biting her lip to contain her excitement, even though she wasn't doing a good job at it. I grabbed the cookie and took a bite out of it. The bell rang and I was glad that I had an excuse to leave the topic behind. I grabbed my bag, she grabbed hers an we started walking towards our next class.

"But seriously, that dress is beautiful," Vanessa said.

"Thanks," I said laughing, "I'm glad you liked it."

"A perfect dress for a perfect girl with a perfect match."

"A perfect match?" I asked utterly confused.

"Aiden," she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh," was all I said before speeding up my pace. I only wish what she said was true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry about this being short, but I only got 16 reads on my last chapter. Remember, this needs 40 reads before I'll post the next chapter!