Chapter 8 - Y/n Pov

Start from the beginning

"Hey no no, everything is fine. And no, I don't need anything, thanks" I tried to seem reassuring with my words. That was the longest conversation I had with her till now, otherwise it was just her talking to me and me nodding.

"Let's go to my room" she said, before going towards a dark, chilly hallway. I followed her, and soon reached in front of a door, covered with scuff marks. It was impossible for me to ignore that, but I tried to not stare at it for too long and entered inside after her. The room wasn't reflecting Yuna's personality. It was all dark. No posters on walls, no make up pouches here and there, no messy sheets, just a clean bed, too tidy, as if nobody used it ever; a tiny desk with a lamp on it and some books; and, finally a dark brown wardrobe at the end of the room. A single window's light was illuminating the dark room. "Have a seat" she politely said, and I sat on the bed and she did the same and placed herself right in front of me.

"College was tiring today" she never had problems initiating conversations. "I saw Jhope flirting with a girl, you know" she laughed. I wanted to do the same but something felt weird in her tone. I blinked a few times, not knowing how to continue the conversation. "Y-You live with someone?" I made a huge effort, when those words left my mouth. "Yes, my mom and my little sister, Yujun" she immediately answered, as I nodded. "You?" She was curious.

"Oh.. with my mom" unconsciously my hands went to cover my big thighs. "Oh great" she mumbled, and then everything went silent in the room.
None of us uttered a word, but surprisingly it wasn't uncomfortable. I kept looking around, while she kept staring on the wooden floor. "So... how are you?" I just witnessed for the first time Yuna being awkward. "I'm g-good" her voice cracked while speaking. Silence again. Many questions were roaming in my head: why she invited me to her house? She said she never asked anyone else before... What should I ask her now? Why I suck at continuing conversations?

"Your mom is at work?" I asked randomly, when the silence started suffocating me. She nodded, still staring at the floor. Silence again. "Are you good?" I softly mumbled, looking at her. She looked up at me this time and flashed me a cute smile. "Yes, I am... Don't worry"
"So how's life going?" she started talking again, after her small break. "Like usual" I immediately said. I wanted to ask her about Jungkook, but words were refusing to form in my mouth. "Hmm... how is your life?" I repeated her question, too nervous to choose new words. "As usual too" she giggled. I nodded and started roaming my eyes on her room, and stopped on the wrecked door.

"Hmm.. do you want to eat something?" her eyes were following mine, and, when she noticed me focusing on the door, she tried to catch my attention, which she successfully did, as I immediately turned to face her again. "Okay" I nearly whispered, as she squealed in happiness. "Great. Let's order something. What you say?....hmmm... Pizza?" she spoke in one go, while grabbing her phone. I stiffened at my spot, memories of what happened at the restaurant flashed in my mind.

Maybe she will make fun of me too. But she seems good. "Hey you okay?" she softly said, noticing my hands' white knuckles and my tensed body. "Y-Yuna..." I called her, she was looking at me, but I didn't know what to say, I didn't know why I pronounced her name, I didn't know how to complete the sentence, but still it felt right to call her. "Yeah...you're right... it's not even dinner time, let's order something else..." she tried to ease the cold atmosphere between us. "...but I know you like pizza" she mumbled, tossing her phone from one hand to another.

"No, it's okay... I think I should go now... it's getting dark outside" incoherent words left my mouth, and without realising I stood up. "Why? Am I making you uncomfortable? Why you want to go?" She stood up as well. Her smile vanished away. "No no... it's just me... I-"

"You think that I'll make fun of you? Why would I do that?" She interrupted me, eyes locked with mine. "Y-you w-won't understand Y-yuna..." I mumbled breaking eye contact and looking down. "We are different" I stated, as she took a step closer to me. "Oh we are?" a tint of sarcasm mixed with hurt in her voice. "And how's that?" She was a few centimeters taller than me, standing really close. I sighed and looked up. "Don't act as if you don't know... You're slim and beautiful... and me... just ... you're friendly, extroverted... and I can't even form a proper sentence to talk to anyone" my words sounded rude.
She sighed as well and sat back on the bed. "Sit" she told me. I looked up at her and shook my head. "Please Y/n. Just five minutes, then you can go"