09

Jane's POV

Yesterday, Joshua went home late and I observed that he's quiet. Maybe he's really tired with the fundraising event.

"Bestfriend, una na ko ha. Andon na kasi sila Janella." I just nodded as he walked while carrying the donated toys, books and clothes that our parents and their shareholders' donated.

Well, the good thing about the organization led by Maxine is they focus on the underprivileged population.

Hence, the funds raised will be allocated for every foundation and sectors which will be chosen every month.

This month, there will be a children's party for the JNN Orphanage.

I just carry the remaining two boxes, close the door of the car then also follow him.

"Wow, anlaki na pala nang pinagbago." As I observed the structure.

This place is not new to me as I said, I am an active member of org before.

When I got close to them, I heard the voice of the woman I missed for one day.

"Anyway, are you with Jane? Is she coming here?" Maybe, she didn't notice my presence.

"Hey, I'm ---" As I put down the boxes, she instantly hugged me.

It's a tight embrace that makes me step backward because of the impact, her body is so close to mine.

I was stunned by her immediate actions...

My heart is racing again, making me feel that we're the only people in the place.

"Feels like someone missed me." I teased her as she continued to hug me with her arms in my neck.

"Am I?" I know she pouted, even though I don't see her face.

"If I said yes, will you just let me hug you?" I just smiled at her actions, she's so clingy today.

All my response was silence as I gently caressed her back.

"Awwww, it's good to know that my bestfriend and my future wife are close!" As Maxine and I break the hug and both look at Joshua.

Of fuck, I forgot about him...

He might feel hurt about this, so I also stopped my fantasy.

"Yeah... They're VERY CLOSE." Joj emphasized those words as she looked at me and Maxine.

"Talaga? Edi mas mabuti!" Joshua happily stated.

"Hmmmm... Anyway, I guess let's start the party, the clowns are already here." I changed the topic because of the awkward atmosphere.

Joj pulled Maxine to assist in the programs, while Joshua and I went in another direction for the preparation of gifts and foods for the children.

---

Maxine stared in my direction, so I just smiled at her and continued the task we we're currently doing.

"You're cute." I mouthed because I wasn't over with clingy Maxine a while ago.

"Always know it!" She responded, also mouthed it, while flipping her hair.

I just shook my head and proceeded to focus on my task.

---

The programme is going well as the children are entertained with the clown/magician.

"You know what? Ang swerte ng magiging partner mo, Florence." Maxine out of nowhere stated.