04

Jane's POV

As what we planned yesterday, we're here in the corridor, outside the classroom of Maxine.

I accompanied my bestfriend who's holding Flowers, chocolates and tupperware with kwek-kwek inside.

It's impossible that these efforts won't make Maxine fell inlove.

"Fuck, bro! I really need to go to the comfort room..." As he instantly gives me all the things he holds.

"Huh? What will I do with this?"

"Just give it to Janella!" Joshua ran as fast as he could, maybe it's because of the Pares we ate kanina.

I just laughed while I picking up the tupperware that was dropped because of Joshua's sudden pooping session (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

I also noticed that my shoelace wasn't properly tied, so I kneeled to try it again.

"Hi, Florence!" Even though I don't see the face of the person who greeted me, it's easy for me to recognize it since she is one of the few people who called me by my second name.

I looked up and my assumption is right, the one and only, Janella Maxine.

Third Person POV

Jane and Janella made eye contact and the latter couldn't help but smile at Jane who was so cute while tying her shoes.

"Oh... Hi, Maxine!" Janella automatically shows her gummy smile as Jane greets her back.

"Flowers for you..." Jane is still kneeling while giving the flowers and Janella looks down as she receives it.

In this moment, a slowmo happened to them...

Jane's heartbeat became abnormal again and as always, the wingman was stunned by the beauty behold by Janella.

To Janella's surprise, Jane smiled back and she described it like a ray of sunshine which lit up her day.

She missed their interactions before, so this moment is important for her.

Their moments last longer and if they could just know what's inside the mind of each other, both of them will be glad as they have similar thoughts...

They both think that they are a portrayal of a couple wherein one of them is proposing.

Jane's POV

"Thank you, Florence."

Unfortunately, I was taken back to reality because of her statement.

I finally stood up, then also gave the chocolates and kwek-kwek which happily accepted by her.

As much as possible, gusto kong sabihin na galing sa'kin...

As much as possible, gusto kong sabihin na ako ang nagprepared at nagplano...

Pero hindi pwede, hindi ko kaya...

"Ahhh... Hindi sa'kin 'yan, kay Joshua!" I just fake my smile and walked away.

Joshua's POV

"You're shit, dude! You left me dumbfounded there!" Jane complained as we're on the rooftop of our school now, our favourite hangout place.

"Sorry, bro. I felt like I'm having diarrhea because of the Pares we ate kanina." I reasoned out.

"BWAHAHAHAHA! That was so epic, Joshua. You deserved it, by the way!" She even hit my shoulder while laughing.

"Tawang-tawa lang, bestfriend?!"

"If you just saw your face kanina, you'll understand my feelings right now!" I just chuckled with her reaction.

"Haaaaay... Ang sakit na ng tiyan ko dahil sa'yo... But anyway, I wished you're serious this time." At the same time, her mood changed which makes me gulped.

Between me and Jane, she is the one who has the aura of being cold-hearted.

Well, she's bubbly but not to all. Maybe, it's because of what she experienced before when she was not yet adopted by parents.

She's reserved, and only shows her makulit side with the people she's comfortable with.

"Maiba ako bestfriend, feels like you didn't introduce me to any of your girls. Are you for real stay single until we're gray and old?" I sang the last part because it's part of Say You Won't Let Go's lyrics by James Arthur.

"Girls your ass! I don't even have a girlfriend right now and I guess, I will never have." She smirked.

Despite being scared because I admit that I cannot live without Jane, I also don't want her to be alone as we grow.

"You want me to make a way? Reto kita, ano?"

"Nope, not now. Not until you can finally have someone."

See?

She always looks after me so I am afraid that focusing too much on me will end her up being an old single woman.

Well, if that time comes, I won't leave her either.

As I treated her as tunay na kapatid, she doesn't have a choice but we're going to live together until we both die HAHAHA!

"I know what you're doing here, changing the topic is ineffective. Again, I warn you, be serious with Maxine please."

"Of course, bestfriend. I am always serious with girls... It's just that we're surrounded by temptation." She just gave me a death stare.

"Just kidding! I'm really serious now. Imagine, for the first time, I finally met someone that makes my heart crazy. Dude, that's love at first sight!!!" I also shaked her shoulder.

"Janella is indeed my the one, bestfriend..." I cupped her cheeks to the point that her lips will be pouted para maasar siya sa'kin.

That's our love language, bargadulan.

"Bwisit ka! Alisin mo nga 'yang kamay mo!"

Natutuwa talaga ako kapag naaasar ko siya but always in moderation, so I stopped.

"K, fine. I believed you, just don't hurt her, Joshua... By the way, we need to go to the org meeting now."

"About that, I have a game now, playoffs with other schools eh..." I scratched my nape.

"So, ano? Wala kayo nila Mark and Paolo? Edi hindi na rin ako pupunta."

"Bestfriend, malaki matutulong mo to lessen the stress and worries of my girl because you're intelligent. Also, dagdag pogi points since you, my representative, is present!"

"Ayoko, I'll just spend my time playing Call of Duty."

"Please, bestfriend! I need you to observe sinong umaaligid kay Janella. I felt like someone is making her happier and that's not me."

Actually, that is the actual reason.

For almost one year of courtship, I always feel like she doesn't like me that much and I am scared because of that.

"Tssss... Fine! Kung hindi ka lang malakas sa'kin eh. Galingan mo sa laro niyo mamaya ha!" Ginulo pa niya ang buhok ko.

"Ez... So, paano? Ikaw na bahala, bestfriend!"

"Tssss... As if I have a choice."