The Meeting

Mark, my husband, insisted on having a baby about six months after we were married. He thought it would be a good idea if I attended parenting classes. I was reluctant about going at first, but it was important to him. Mark thought it was best since he had attended them prior to the birth of his first child, Kary, from a previous engagement. He seemed to have gotten a lot out of it.

On my way to the first meeting I made a quick stop to get a bite to eat at Meatball Madness. As I walked in, I bumped into some guy.

"Excuse me." He said softly as we parted ways.

Since I was running late, I hurried past him. I never looked up to see his face. I got my food and ate in the car on the way to the class...

He saw her through the double glass doors as he paid the cashier for his meal. She was absolutely breathtaking. She had golden brown shoulder length hair that was pulled to the sides and her bangs hung just above her deep blue eyes. Her lips were full and wet, he salivated at the very thought of kissing them. Her waist was thin, around size five or six. She stood about five and a half feet tall and her clothes fit just right. Tight black jeans confined her thighs and buttocks perfectly while a royal blue blouse allowed the rest of her to move naturally.

He simply had to find a way to be able to touch her. Seeing his opportunity he headed for the doors. Just as she opened them he bumped into her ever so gently.

"Excuse me." He said in his softest voice. She was obviously in a hurry, she acknowledged him without even looking at him.

He casually walked to his car and there he sat, waiting for her. Once she did come out, she wasted no time getting into her little red convertible and was gone. Only hesitating for a moment, he realized that he had to follow her if he wanted her.

"I'll do it right this time. No more hurting the ones I love." He whispered to himself...

Running down the hallway I could faintly hear the voice of my instructor over the loud clacking my shoes were making as they hit the tiled floor.

"God, I can't believe I'm so damn late!" I said aloud.

Pushing the classroom door open silence set in as an entire room full of curious people immediately turned to see just who it was that was so late. Me.

"Please, oh, please don't embarrass me." Was all that was going through my mind at that moment.

Very sarcastically the instructor says to me, "Oh, how nice of you to join us today. You are?"

I felt a little like a child in elementary school that just answered five to the question of two plus two. Then I managed to stutter, "Hi, I'm Taylor Banks. I apologize for my lateness."

The instructor then asked that I take a seat so I did so quickly.

Shortly after getting settled, another latecomer entered. He scanned the room. It seemed as if he was searching for someone. Later I would come to find that that someone would be me.

He was gorgeous. He looked right at me, I couldn't move. My gaze was stuck in time, dead in his gaze. We stared at each other until the instructor asked him who he was. The sound of her voice was muffled by my awe. I snapped out of it and began to doodle in my notebook. Suddenly, the instructors words were no longer of importance. I tried hard to concentrate on the lecture but couldn't. He was perfect. We never spoke a word that first class...