Chapter 1

Everything was going like it did the last time. Ana's water broke, and so Christian got her to the hospital. They were quickly taken to have the C-Section. They were going to meet their daughter soon. 

They were both happy hearing the crying of their daughter. She was wrapped up and placed on Ana's chest. But soon, it all went downhill. Ana was bleeding to much. Christian was dragged away, and forced to wait in the hall. 

After hours, he was given the horrible news. Anastasia was gone. There was nothing the doctors could've done.

His daughter was handed to him, but it was hard to look at her. This is the reason His Ana died. 

__

The funeral was hard on him and their son, Theodore. Not knowing why his mommy was gone, and wasn't coming back when his little sister, Pheobe, was born. 

 He couldn't comprehend death yet. 

His mother was looking for a nanny to help take care of the kids for Christian. She knew that he wouldn't be able to take care of the two on his own with his own heartbreak. So, they were wanting to help.

___

"Christian?" Grace called as she walked into the office of her son. He looked up at her. He hasn't slept well. It was evident on his face.

"Hello mother. What can I help you with?" He asked her. "I think I found someone to watch the kids. I'm going to have her follow me to the house, I want you to go clean yourself up, so you are presentable for when meeting her." Grace told her son.

He gave a weak chuckle. "Yes mother. Thank you for finding a nanny for the kids." He told her getting up. "What's her name?" He asked after calling his receptionist that he needed to go home for a bit, so he needed his meetings moved.

"Her name is Nica James." Grace told him as she watched him.

__

Arriving at the home he built for Ana, something he hated by now. Everything reminded him of his loss. She was the reason for his everything. Why he changed for the better. Became a better person.

Now she's gone, and he hated it. But he was forced to stay to be with the only things he had left of her, Theo and Pheobe. 

He went to his room to freshen up like Grace told him to do before meeting with Miss James. 

When he finished, he got a text from Grace that they have both arrived and were in the living room waiting for him to join them.

So, he headed to the living room. Voices were coming from the room. When he walked in, he saw a brunette sitting with her back facing him, talking to his adopted mother. Both of the two women stood, and the stranger turned to look at him.

His heart skipped a beat. 

She looked similar to Ana. She was a beauty. She gave a bright smile. "Hello Mr. Grey. My name is Nica James. It's a pleasure to meet you." She told him, she had an Aussie accent to her. So, she wasn't a native to America.

Taking her hand, it was just as soft as Ana's. "Hello Miss James." He greeted. He felt his soul start to get back together.