Chapter 1

Graveyard and History

Leticia's POV

As I was watching my niece growing up, I could see the beauty and the powerful power she possess continues to grow. It's such a waste of such a talent to be just limited and be wasted in this remote land unknown to the other creatures outside the village.

"Natasha, your daughter has grown up well, she's now turning seven this year. How I wish both of you and your husband were here to see your beautiful little witch grows up well." As I visited my beloved younger sister's grave I could not help but shed a tear. Nobody knows how much I miss my sister.

"If only you did not choose to wonder off alone outside of our village at that time, you would have been still be able to be here beside me, fulfilling our dreams of making our village once again be known to this world that once forsaken our race. But I guess that was already fated to happen because while wondering outside you were able to meet your mate that our fellow witches have long gone forgotten and has just chosen to stay in our small village and stayed truthful to the value and goals that our ancestors left. But still, you did gave birth to a beautiful little witch that keeps me company in this lonely life without you." I kept talking to my sister's grave when suddenly I was greeted with the ever piercing of a little girls voice calling up to me.

"Godmother, Godmother, look!! I brought flowers to mom! I picked it up on the way when I was wondering near moms grave and I saw some saplings of little flowers on the way here. I gave it some little spell and it grows so beautifully like this so I just plucked it out and brought it here thinking mom would like this hehe. " Sabi ng munting bubwit na puno ng dumi ang tuhod at kamay at pinakita sa akin ang mga magandang bulaklak. Napapangiti nalang ako sa sobrang ka inosente nito, even though it's been years since her mother's passing at kahit na ni minsan ay hindi niya ito nakita at nahawakan ng personal ay labis ang pagmamahal niya rito.

Such a lovely child deprived of its mother's embraced, it's so heart wrecking sa tuwing nagpapa kwento ito lagi sa ina nitong matagal ng pumanaw. Nagtanong din naman ito tungkol sa ama nito ngunit wala akong masyadong ma kwento kasi ilang beses ko lang din naman itong nakita sa tuwing lumalabas ako ng teritoryo upang bisitahin ang kapatid ko na piniling manatili sa piling ng kanyang itininadhana. Ngunit hindi rin naman nag tagal ang pagsasamahan ng kapatid ko at ng kanyang kabiyak nito dahil namatay ito bigla, sinubukan ko ring tanungin ang kapatid ko sa kung ano ang totoong nangyari sa kasintahan nito ngunit tikom lamang ang bibig nito at kusang sumama ito sa akin pabalik sa aming teritoryo upang doon na lamang magpa tuloy ng kanyang buhay kasama sana ng magiging anak nila ng kanyang kabiyak na nasa sinapupunan palamang nito nang panahong iyon.

" What a lovely little witch you are for bringing flowers to your mother's grave, I'm sure she'll be very happy to accept it." I said lovingly to the little girl.

"Come here and put it above her grave, your mother will surely love it."

"Aye" said the little girl then put the flowers in her hands on the grave.

"Mom, here I brought you flowers, I hope you'll like this." my little niece said to her mother's grave as if she is actually talking to her face to face.

Even though I could see her smiling face I know deep down inside her little heart she is missing her real family. She may sound cheerful but she could still not hide the sadness that is shadowed by her cheerful voice. And I could only sigh in response to her weakening and trembling voice as she continues talking to her mother's grave. My poor niece is now sobbing still talking, saying why they leave her so early and that why did they not wait until she's already a grown up before they leave. It's so painful to watch her small figure sobbing in from of her mother's grave.