"Can we get them down?" One called.

"Be careful!" Another said.

"It's good! Everyone is still alive!" Another called to their cohorts.

With Nezuko, she prepared to fight Rui.

'My sword got snapped, I can't believe it! The threads this kid is controlling... does that mean they're even tougher than the body of that demon I couldn't slash? Forgive me, Mr. Urokodaki. Mr. Hagenezuka. Thanks to my inexperience, my sword is broken!' Nezuko thought.

Rui whipped another thread Nezuko's way. She dodged it in the nick of time. 

'No, this isn't the time for that! Think! Think! If I can't slash those threads, the, let me get right up in their face! It's not good! Those threads have a life of their own, and I can't get through their attacks! Even though they're holding back to not kill me, they're still overwhelming me to this degree!' Nezuko thoguht.

"Well? Do you still refuse to take back what you said?" Rui asked menacingly.

"Ngh...!" Nezuko held her ground.

"Fine, in that case, you'll get slashed to ribbons." 

Rui moved their arm and a full spider web came Nezuko's way.

'I can't dodge them all!' Nezuko realized, closing her eyes.

It all happened in a second, but Tanjiro punched his way out the box and took the attack for Nezuko.

"Ah..!" Rui gasped.

"Ah! Tanjiro!!" Nezuko cried.

Tanjiro threatened to fall forward, but Nezuko picked him up and carried him to a secluded area. 

"Tanjiro! Tanjiro! You protected me! I'm so sorry!" Nezuko cried into Tanjiro's bloody shoulder.

"A boy emerged from that box on her shoulders. He has rare blood, but it doesn't appeal to me...He has the aura of a demon, too. Ah..!" Sister suddenly realized, this boy was a demon.

Rui trembled.

"Hey, you... is that... that boy... is he your sibling?" Rui asked, pointing at Tanjiro.

"So what if he is?!" Nezuko wiped her eyes and scoffed.

Nezuko trembled as she held her brother's arm together. He gave her a look of sadness and relief that she was okay.

'The wound is so deep! His left wrist is about to fall off!' Nezuko thought.

"Ngh..!" Tanjiro groaned.

'Hurry up and heal! Hurry up and heal! Hurry up and heal!' Nezuko begged.

"Siblings... siblings... the brother had turned into a demon." Rui murmured.

"R-Rui...?" Sister asked.

"Yet, he stays by her side. The older brother protected the younger sister, as expected. But risking his own life... That's a genuine bond! I want it!" Rui exclaimed.

"Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Please! I'm your elder sister! Please don't desert me!" Sister cried.

"Shut up!" Rui scolded.

They attacked Sister, cutting her body apart.

"Ahh!" Sister screamed in pain.

"Ah.." Nezuko gasped.

"None of you ever fulfilled the roles you were given. Never. Not once." Rui said.

"W-Wait! I was the elder sister you wanted, wasn't I? Give me a chance to redeem myself!" Sister begged.