I knew that I couldn't stop at letting go when it came to Jaren, I had to let go of every single thing that was holding me back from reaching my goal towards genuine happiness—including Donte.

"Bye, Serenity...I truly hope you find happiness." Jaren finally said after several antagonizing moments of dead, awkward silence.

Jaren shut the ring box and slipped it into his pocket, he then gave me one last smile and walked out of the front door, shutting it behind him.

And just like that, he was gone.

Suddenly, a wave of emotions washed over me like a tsunami and a single tear fell down my face, but it wasn't out of sadness or guilt of having to let go of him...it was because for the first time in a long time, I felt free.

Like I was finally doing something that benefits me, and not the people around me.

I let out a deep sigh of relief as a genuine smile spread across my face and walked over to Landon who was still sound asleep on the couch and carefully sat beside him, just watching him as he smiled in his sleep.

...Until my phone rang.

Confused, I picked up my phone, looking at the Caller ID and saw that it was Jayson calling me, which added further into my confusion. Of course, I answered it and placed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, the confusion in my tone was evident.

"Hi, Rini!"

A wide smile spread across my face hearing Deuce's voice come through the phone. I hadn't seen Deuce in a year, and I wasn't going to lie, I missed him a lot. In the short span of time that I knew him, he became a vital part in my life despite me and his father's differences.

"Hi, Deucey! How are you?" I asked happily.

"Good!" He said proudly. "Daddy and I are back in San Francisco, and I really wanna see you! Daddy wants to see you, too.."

I smirked in surprise. "Oh really? Well, that would be nice. When do you wanna see me?"

"Umm..." Deuce paused to think. "Actually! Can I come to work with you and Landon? I miss my little brother..."

"Your little brother?" I asked, amused.

"Yeah! Landon, duh, Rini!" Deuce giggled.

Laughing, I nodded and smiled widely. "Landon misses you, too, Deucey. Let me know what day is good for you, and I'll make it happen. We can do whatever you want.."

"Really? Cool!" Deuce exclaimed.

I had opened my mouth to say something else when Deuce told me that he had to go because he and Jayson were about to go meet Ella inside of a restaurant. We both said goodbye and ended the phone call.

After the phone call, I decided that it was time that I took some time off for myself and allow myself to clear out anything from my past that I was still holding onto.

But before doing that, I gently picked Landon up from off of the couch and placed him inside of his crib, turning the baby monitor on so that I would be able to hear and see anything that was going on.