"I don't know..."

"Why not?! It's our first prom, you have to go!" Of course, Hawk was going to go now, since Maya was begging him to.

"Have you gotten asked out yet?" Hawk asked as the two started walking to their math class.

Of course, she had, Robby even offered to go with her, but she didn't want Hawk to know that. She also didn't want him to know she'd turned them all down. She wanted to go with Hawk, but not as a couple, at the same time she wanted to go as a couple. She was confused, her head and her heart had very conflicting points.

"Nope." She lied, sitting down in her seat next to Miguel. "And neither has Miggy." Maya frowned at him, Miguel just looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"You haven't asked Sam to prom and she hasn't asked you either, that's sad." Miguel rolled his eyes.

"No one's asked you either." Miguel retorted quickly.

"Yeah but I have an excuse, I'm single and you scared all of the boys off by telling them you'd beat their asses if they tried to date me," Miguel looked at Hawk and mocked Maya as she spoke, "what's your excuse?" Miguel sighed, turning towards Maya, the truth was that he didn't have an excuse. He didn't know how to ask Sam to the dance, but he sort of guessed since they were dating that they would go together anyways.

"We're already dating, of course, we're gonna go together." Maya sighed and shook her head, even Hawk knew that just because you were dating didn't mean you still didn't have to ask.

"Nah man, you still gotta ask." Miguel looked confused and Maya sighed.

"See even Hawk knows," Maya said, gesturing towards him. "You have to ask her to prom and you have to ask her to be your Valentine, for as long as you're together." Miguel's eyebrows furrowed even more.

"Why?" Maya shrugged.

"That's just how it works."

~

Kenny🐍:Maya.

Maya:what's up?

Kenny🐍:I got in trouble.

Maya:for what?!

Kenny🐍:the guy that was messing with me pushed me so I beat the shit out of him, and now they're trying to suspend me. My mom is at the office, so she can't come and defend me.

Maya:what middle school do you go to, Kenny?

Kenny🐍:West Valley Middle School.

Maya:I'll be there in a sec, does your mom still have me on your take-home papers?

Kenny🐍:yeah, I think so.

Maya:k, I'll see you in a bit.

Maya was pissed as she pushed through the double doors. They were suspending Kenny for defending himself? Bullshit they were. Maya quickly saw Kenny, and then she saw Anthony LaRusso. She finally put two and two together, turns out both of the LaRusso kids were no good bullies.

"Kenny, are you okay?" Maya asked quickly, grabbing his chin and inspecting his face for any bruises or scratches. Anthony stared at Maya, she'd met her at the dinner with Miguel. Why was she here, he asked himself, she had nothing to do with Kenny. Right?

"I'm fine!" Kenny pushed Maya's hand away, feeling embarrassed as Anthony watched them.

"Don't get pissy with me." Kenny glanced down, muttering sorry so Anthony wouldn't hear. "Why didn't you tell me your bully was Anthony LaRusso, I could've told his dad and his dad would've been pissed." Kenny shrugged, how was he supposed to know that Maya knew him?

"Maya, what're doing here?" Maya stood as she heard Daniel speak.

"I'm here because your son's an asshole." Daniel looked taken aback.

"Maya, we know you're upset but if you don't calm down we'll have to escort you out." The principal suddenly popped out of his office, Maya clenched her jaw and sat back down. "Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso I'd like to speak with you first and then we'll all meet together." Maya huffed as she crossed her arms.

It wasn't long till Maya was brought inside the room with Daniel and Amanda. Maya would make sure that Kenny wasn't punished, he defended himself. Maya always thought it was stupid for suspending kids who fought back, they don't condone violence but they condone bullying.

"I believe you two know Ms. Diaz." The principal spoke to Daniel and Amanda.

"Yes, but we don't really understand why she's here." The principal looked at Maya, telling her to explain.

"I'm the one they call when Kenny's mom can't be here." She retorted, her arms crossed in her chair.

"Well, Anthony will be suspended," Good, Maya thought, "but so will Kenny." Maya stood quickly.

"Like hell he is!" She shouted, banging her fist on the desk.

"Ms. Diaz, we don't condone violence."

"But you condone bullying? Because that's what you're telling Kenny and all the kids who Anthony has made fun of." The principal started to speak but Maya cut him off. "I get it, no violence or whatever but Kenny was defending himself. If Kenny would've come to you, you would've gathered all the kids up and they'd say some bullshit about just wanting to fit in and you'd let them go and then they'd just mess with him even more than before. Now, me and my ex-boyfriend taught Kenny karate so he could defend himself but he never told us who was bullying him, because if he would've I would've told Mr. LaRusso because I know he would punish Anthony for it. Mr. LaRusso doesn't stand for bullying." Maya turned to the LaRussos. "But then again, if they didn't make their kids think that they could do no wrong then maybe none of them would act this way." Amanda sat up straight.

"Sam isn't-"

"Give him ISS, for like a week, I'd be okay with that." Maya interrupted, she didn't care what Amanda had to say about Sam.

"A week? That's not long enough." Maya sighed.

"A week and three days." The principal sighed, glancing down.

"Alright, Kenny will have ISS for a week and three days but he has to leave for the rest of today." Maya nodded.

"Thank you." Maya walked out, motioning for Kenny to get up.

"So?"

"You have to leave for the rest of today and you have ISS for a week and three days." Kenny smiled. "But I'll take you out for ice cream and then drop you off at Cobra Kai so today doesn't totally feel like a punishment." Maya smiled, as Kenny climbed into her car.
________________________________
Word Count:1,728