"Eagle Fang?" They said in unison. Maya nodded.

"I quit Cobra Kai the night of the Sensei showdown, I broke up with Robby too." Maya played with the ends of her hair as Demetri and Hawk stared at her.

"Really?" Maya looked up, Hawk's eyes swirling with confusion and happiness.

"Yeah." Maya smiled slowly.

~

Hawk🦅:I joined Miyagi Do

Maya:really?!

Hawk🦅:yep :)

Maya:that's great! You can easily win the guy's division!!

Hawk🦅:thanks, has your mom said anything about you joining Eagle Fang?

Maya:no, she's standing her ground right now.

Hawk🦅:damn, sorry

Maya:it's fine, she'll give in

Hawk🦅:you think so?

Maya:definitely.

Maya walked inside her house, slipping her phone into her back pocket. She started walking to her bedroom when she heard her mom clear her throat. Maya looked up, seeing Miguel, her mom, and Johnny sitting at the dinner table.

"What's going on?" Maya chuckled, walking a bit towards the kitchen.

"I got a call from your therapist." Maya's smile fell, but she tried to look calm.

"Okay?" Carmen stood, slowly walking to Maya and holding her hands. Maya saw Johnny, staring at the table in front of him and looking extremely zoned out.

"Why, Maya? Why would you do that to yourself, Maya?" Maya hated watching the tears form in her mother's eyes, she hated the lump that formed in her throat, and she hated that Miguel was in the room to hear this.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Maya lied.

"Then let me see your arms." Maya quickly pulled away from her mom.

"No!" Maya realized she'd revealed herself.

"Maya," a tear rolled down her mother's cheek, "talk to me, please." Maya glanced away.

"Does Miguel have to be in here for this?" Carmen sniffled, turning around and shooing Miguel out of the room. He protested, but eventually gave in.

Maya sat down, her leg bouncing up and down, she fidgeted with everything. Her clothes, her hair, her fingers, anything that would distract her.

"Did it start recently? Because of your break up with Robby?" Johnny asked, breaking the silence.

"No, it started before then." Carmen made a small noise as she put her face in her hands. Maya felt so out of place. She should've been crying, but she wasn't.

"When?" Johnny asked.

"The night of Moon's party, after the stuff with Hawk and Isaac." Maya gulped, looking at her lap.

"But why, Maya?" Carmen asked, Maya bit down on her lip. She'd bottled everything up, for years, even before they moved to the Valley.

"I've always had thoughts to, I just never did it, I never really thought I had a reason to." Maya felt her eyes well up with tears. "I wasn't the one being bullied every day, that was Miggy, if anyone should've done it, it would be Miggy. Everything was perfect for me, but I always felt terrible. I always felt like everything I did wasn't good enough like everything I did was terrible. Then the shit with Isaac happened, and Hawk, I didn't know how to deal with it so I gave in. I'm a bitch to everyone because I don't deserve them, I don't deserve anything. I mess everything up and everyone would just be happier if I was dead. When I'm dead the whole world will be right." Johnny quickly grabbed Maya's hand.

"Don't say that." Maya gulped, it sounded like the orders he gave his students.

"You know how many people would miss you, Maya?" Carmen asked, Maya truly came up with only one name, Miguel.

"Hawk, Miguel, Demetri, Moon, Robby, me, even Daniel." Maya stared at Johnny for a moment, Johnny watched as a tear fell down her cheek, he wondered if he'd said something wrong.

"You would miss me?" She asked, her voice high-pitched.

"Of course, you're my Little Diaz." Maya broke down crying, hugging Johnny tightly. Johnny didn't know Maya thought of him as a dad, and Maya didn't know that Johnny thought of her as the daughter he never had. Either way, it was evident they both cared deeply for each other and it was then that Carmen realized she could lose Maya. So, if karate was what Maya wanted to do, Carmen would let her do it.
________________________________
A/n: if any of you struggle with sh, my inbox is always open if you need🫶🏼
Word Count:1,312