𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕩

the sun was an hour away from setting when jiho, jake's mom, told heeseung and jake that the last guest for the night was almost done with work and would come soon

the sun was an hour away from setting when jiho, jake's mom, told heeseung and jake that the last guest for the night was almost done with work and would come soon. jake really wanted to introduce heeseung to his brother, he hoped they would get along after all.

"heeseung hyung, do you want to go for a walk?" jake asked.

"sure, we could take sookie with us, i brought her harness and leash," heeseung suggested, but jake declined almost immediately.

"let's let mom babysit here for a while, i want to go just with you," jake said and pulled heeseung by the hand out of the house.

"where exactly are we going?" heeseung asked after they crossed the street.

"just a special place. you'll see soon enough," jake answered and made a cheeky grin towards heeseung. the latter only laughed lightly and let himself be guided by his secretive boyfriend.

the walk was peaceful, the streets were surprisingly isolated and the weather was cold but the sun made it feel warm enough. they both had their jackets on and jake had grabbed a pair of gloves from his room before going out. just then he had an idea, he gave the left glove to heeseung and wore the right glove himself. that way jake held heeseung's right hand with his left hand, skin touching skin.

heeseung thought it was endearing the way jake could be so creative like that, so before turning on a corner heeseung stopped walking which led to jake come to a stop too. jake made a questioning face and tilted his head slightly like he always did when he was confused. heeseung grabbed jake by his waist with his free hand and pulled him close to his own body so that they were face to face. the sun hit them by their side and it made jake's eyes look caramel brown, while his hair that was a darker shade shone.

"you look beautiful jaeyunie," heeseung whispered, "you're the most beautiful boy i have ever seen."

jake was definitely taken aback by the sudden compliment and felt his face blush, he never got used to heeseung saying that kind of stuff to him.

"you're not so bad yourself heeseung-ssi," jake said which made heeseung smile, "you're the most handsome man ever, and i'm so in love with you."

heeseung knew jake would say something back but he never thought it would be that he was in love with him. they had never said the word love to each other, both too afraid it would be too soon.

they continued walking and reached a kind of forest, far enough from the neighborhood so nothing was actually disturbing. the ambience was relaxed and the sun was barely visible through the tall trees surrounding them both.

"have you brought me here so no one will hear me scream when you try to murder me?" heeseung asked seriously joking, but caught jake off guard once again.

"what?! no?! isn't that too much paranoid thinking? heeseung hyung, are you okay?" jake asked genuinely concerned.

heeseung laughed at his reaction, "i'm fine, i was only joking jaeyunie," heeseung smiled and felt his heart lighten just by admiring jake's gorgeous visuals, "you're seriously stunning, jaeyunie."

jake blushed for the nth time that day, "what's with all this compliments?" he asked not knowing how to react.

"i'm just... so glad, so thankful i noticed the cat scratch on your hand that night. so grateful you insisted on being my friend, and most of all grateful that you forgave me after everything that happened. you're the purest person i ever met and i love–

heeseung cut short his sentence still hesitant but then just thought phuk it and spit it out.

"i love you, sim jaeyun. i love you so much i feel like i'm the luckiest man alive just by standing beside you, and when you say my name nothing comes close to how good you make me feel. forget all honorifics, because it's just you and me, my jaeyunie. i adore you."

jake felt a knot form in his throat and couldn't hold back a tear from falling. every word heeseung just said to him touched him right in his heart, and he felt the happiest he ever was.

but even though his eyes teared up, he smiled and smiled widely, perfectly portraying his emotions in his shiny face. jake held heeseung's hands in his own and intertwined their fingers showing confidence.

"i love you too," jake was about to say heeseung hyung but just then decided to follow his boyfriend's words and drop the hyung for now. "i love you heeseung, you make me so happy i couldn't ever ask for anything more. thank you for loving me, i will continue to love you much more from this day on."

the sun was setting as they embraced each other, jake inside heeseung's arms, and before the taller separated completely from jake, he planted a soft kiss on the younger's forehead.

nothing else needed to be said, and so they enjoyed their surroundings as it dawned, starting to feel colder by the minute and deciding to get back to jake's before it got colder. they intertwined their hands once more as they made their way back, talking and laughing and teasing. simply enjoying the moment, for it was still the last day of the year.

═══════ ≫ ♥ ≪ ════════

(*''*)
Hi lovelies~
I took a while and it isn't a long chapter
but i enjoyed writing it c:
I hope you like reading it!
I've been very busy but i'll still update as soon as I can so please bare with me~
Feel free to comment and vote!
-cnvrs<3