ten

for the past couple of days finn had been bumping into jake a lot more frequently

for the past couple of days finn had been bumping into jake a lot more frequently. but it wasn't mere coincidence as jake thought. finn had grown an unbearable liking for jake, so whenever finn baked something, he'd make sure he saved some for jake.

was it considered courting? probably. did jake notice this? not at all. does finn cared? absolutely not.

finn just followed his heart. and that's not something bad, right?

WRONG!

one afternoon, while jake was working he was surprised by finn, seeing as the foreigner had never been to that place, and jake had encouraged him to go there, finn had finally obliged. so, when it was jake's break they sat together and talked on the second floor of the cafe.

heeseung wasn't sure when it was jake's break, but he arrived at the cafe at 6 either way, just to find sunoo there, alone in the counter.

"heeseung hyung! what can i offer you this evening?"

"hi sunoo, is jake here today? i was stopping by to say hi to him before my lunch break is over" sunoo smiled gently and clenched his hands together. oh, how easy it was for him to see right through heeseung.

"yeah, he's actually just started his break. they're on the second floor talking"

"they?"

"yeah, jake hyung and his foreign friend"

"ohhh right" heeseung made a pause, as if letting the information sink in, "i'll have a latte to go, please sunoo-ssi"

"coming right up hyung!" sunoo said before heeseung walked away to a nearby table.

he had two options. he could go up there and say hi, and be introduced to jake's 'friend', or he could just leave and not bother anyone. the latter seemed less likely to make him anxious. but the first option meant he would go to jake first. and that's what he felt he wanted to do, instead of just waiting for the next time they'd meet coincidentally at school.

heeseung, for once, wanted to be brave.

it was, however, much harder than he thought.
there he was, latte on his left hand, standing at the end of the staircase, waiting for a rush of confidence to start walking up the stairs. which would never come if he was honest with himself, so he just started up. right when his eyes could look at jake though he needed no rush of confidence anymore.

he stood in front of jake in a matter of seconds. "jake! here you are. i came by to say hi but i couldn't find you downstairs" jake was overjoyed seeing heeseung. ba-dump?

"heeseung hyung! what a nice surprise! you should've told me you were coming, i would've saved you half my brownie" finn was mesmerized by the way jake spoke korean so fluently. heeseung noticed.

"i wanted to surprise you, and it worked" heeseung just then glanced at finn "hello!" heeseung bowed slightly, hoping he'd make the foreigner panic, expecting he wouldn't know what to do or what to say. so he was surprised when he heard him respond in korean