Chapter 29 -- DIE YOU BASTARD!

Start from the beginning

                            "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I had to ask.

                            "Yeah." He answered bluntly.

                            I do like him but deep down inside me tells me that a few minutes ago I treat him as my enemy but now I don't have any reason to hate him. If I accept the fact that right here right now I could be his girlfriend, everything that I've been doing will be for nothing—which was a fact. My pride was preventing me and so I've decided to postpone this conversation.

                            "Then, could you give me time to think about it." My eyes plead to him as if I need space.

                            Slowly he put a distant to the both of us and giving out that long sigh of his. "Fine but I hope I won't be waiting for another two years." As he said that he patted my head carefully.

                            I felt relieved after, but thinking about it I still need to give him my answer.

                             Staying over at Julianne house was the idea of Greta. Before we left the school I already told both Greta and Julianne the main point of the conversation I had with Chris. Both girls wanted to hear everything from me so we decided to sleep over.

                            I told them everything that happened at Julianne's bedroom. Julianne and Greta were listening to me attentively as I sat down on a chair next to the study table while both girls lay down on the bed. 

                            "Sophie, do you still hate him?" Greta asked me.

                            I realized just after being asked that both me and Chris have being feeling the same thing with each other. I don't particularly hate him, it just so happened that I got hurt because the one I like was the one hurting me.

                            "I don't hate him." I answered.

                            "Then do you like him?" Now Julianne was the one asking.

                            "Maybe."

                            "You know, you aren't being honest. What's the real deal that you won't admit that you really like him?" Greta always sees through me.

                            "The thing is, I've been doing things that have the feeling of me hating him. I was angry at him for mistreating me. And now I've learned that all those things are for me that remembers him, not the current Me." My words were confusing me too. 

                            "Are you jealous of yourself?" Julianne asked.

                            Then it hit, she was right. I was jealous of myself that lingers to Chris memories. He was doing all those things for someone who remained in his memories. It was me but it wasn't the current me—me that I don't remember.

                            Without a warning Julianne threw a pillow at me, hitting me at my face.

                            "What was that for?" I groaned.