yay friends

i stepped into a large flat behind all the gladers and was instantly overwhelmed with colour. it was brilliant. i glanced to the left, there were a ton of doors splitting up that side. each door had been decorated depending on the person.  the gladers spread out across the place whilst i stood out like a sore thumb. most of them grabbed a beer or cider from s large fridge whilst the rest migrated to the living room.

"so is this all of you? as in all the gladers?"

I muttered- scanning the room. newt shrugged beside me.

"yeah pretty much- well brendas gone out with her college friends for drinks but yeah"
at that moment gally entered, shutting the door behind him, he ruffled newts hair and rolled his eyes.

"theres also Teresa but newt and her aren't exactly... buddies. you should meet her soon enough"

newt glowered at him.

"I still don't trust her. at all."

he snapped it actually caught me a little off guard at the sudden aggression. gally just grinned and walked away- going to sit with aris.

i stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do for a moment but newt coughed to get my attention. i looked to him, he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the kitchen- i followed. we came to a stop at a large line of drinks.

"what do you want to drink? beer, cider, vodka, gin, gally's blend?"

at the mention of the last one minhos head snapped round.
"give him gally's"

there was a chorus of agreement. what was it?

"yeah ok. can i have that last one?"

i said with as much confidence as u could muster. cheers came up from a few of the others. newt handed me a glass with a wary look. suddenly i didn't know how keen i was.

"go easy on that. we never really know the percentage..."
he warned I gulped nervously- my tolerance was pretty good but not insane.

as soon as I had drunk the whole thing the rest of the night became a bit of a blur, I sang karaeoke with Minho for an hour- mostly mama mia songs that we knew the words to, I played a lot of truth or dare which ended in me swinging from the kitchen light like spiderman and landing flat on my face. newt then had to patch me up- or try to- he kept missing the spot.

"youre dumb as shuck tommy- you fit right in here"

newt had mused as he tried to clean my cut with vodka. I winced lightly. but barely felt it.

"tommy?"

I asked with a small grin. newt laughed back.

"get used to it cause its all im gonna call you, no objections"

he warned

"I like it actally"

I responded with a lopsided smirk, I saw a twinge of pink bloom on his cheeks but he doused my cut in vodka again 'accidentally'

once i was 'patched up' we returned to the group or more accurately the ones still standing. then, we ended with a game of true American- many threw up in the sink, plant pots or toilets. I shockingly managed to keep my dinner in my stomach. i was content with lying on the wooden floor but newt had dragged me up and led me to his room saying we both needed sleep and considering the couch was already occupied by gally and aris who were aggressively making out- I let him.

when we entered I was awestruck, the ceiling was a dark blue with glowstars mapped out as the constellations of the sky, his walls were a lighter blue with pictures of the gladers everywhere, he had posters of his favourite movies and tv shows as well as a large double bed in the corner of the room, the carpet was insanely soft to the touch and he had a small bathroom on one side with a walk in dresser, I gaped. newt must have noticed my expression because he muttered.