"You're really not gonna wear a costume..?" Illumi looked up, catching Hisoka's eyes through his reflection in the mirror. The boy was carefully applying some rather intricate eyeliner on top of the clown makeup he'd been working on for the last half hour. Illumi shrugged as Hisoka gave a large sigh.
"I agreed to go with you to a house party, not to dress up... Why on earth would I bother with a costume if I barely want to go." Hisoka frowned. Illumi saw his reflection rolling his eyes.
"You are so boring.." He muttered to himself, brushing a stray hair off his forehead. Illumi looked pointedly out the window.
"Whatever.. Hurry up." He said, adjusting the collar of his turtleneck.
He hated parties yet every year he was somehow convinced to be dragged out for some idiotic Halloween event that was more of an excuse for drinking than anything else.
It was what Hisoka liked to do.. He often ended up doing what Hisoka liked to do because according to him, Illumi had no hobbies.
He could make the argument that he had plenty of hobbies that just happened to be solitary, but it really wouldn't make much difference.
He'd still somehow find himself sitting on the boy's bed watching him tap blush onto his cheeks and perfect his hair.
When Hisoka had finally decided he was satisfied with his look, he turned around, smiling.
"Voilà~ Thoughts?" Illumi stared at him, expression unchanging.
"If I say something nice about you can we go?" Hisoka's smile dropped, face irritable. He turned, opening his bedroom door as Illumi stood up.
Hisoka didn't speak as they made their way to his car. Illumi slipped into the passenger seat, leaning back. As Hisoka started the engine, he nodded towards Illumi.
"Can you put in Chrollo's address?" Illumi plugged in his phone, pulling up maps.
"Haven't you been there a million times.." Hisoka raised an eyebrow.
"And..? You think I pay attention to the roads when I'm hard? Just put it in the damn gps." Illumi didn't dignify that with a response, typing in the address.
"Mind if I play music?"
"Do whatever." Illumi pulled up his playlist, turning down the volume to a reasonable degree. Hisoka always had his volume on full blast for some reason..
He felt Hisoka glance at him, letting out a long breath.
"What.." There was a silence as Hisoka's eyes focused back on the road in front of him.
"I forgot your music sucks.." Illumi closed his eyes, not responding. They lapsed into silence, letting the music go uninterrupted.
Soon Illumi felt the car pulling into a driveway. He opened his eyes to see a familiar house with a boy on the front steps. He stood up as Hisoka rolled down the window, sticking his head out.
"What the hell sort of costume is that—??" Illumi looked closer.
Chrollo was wearing a crisp shirt and black slacks. The shirt had a blood stain directly over Chrollo's heart, but Illumi couldn't see anything else from this distance.
The boy made his way closer to the car, tilting his head to the side.
"It's inspired by a poem." He said simply, opening the back door and slipping into a seat. Hisoka rolled his eyes.
"You guys are so weird.." He muttered, starting the car and backing out of the driveway. Illumi smiled to himself, slowly turning to look at Chrollo. Upon closer inspection, Illumi could see that the boy had a blue contact lense in one eye.
"The tell-tale heart." He murmured. Chrollo nodded, smiling softly.
"Some are better at attention to detail than others, mm?" Hisoka scoffed from the driver's seat.
"Oh shut up you're both pretentious assholes."
Illumi turned his body forward once again, eyes closing as Hisoka drove, Chrollo murmuring directions from behind.