Chapter 6 - Love and Hate

Start from the beginning

"(Prove it monkey boy.)" I chuckled.

"(Sure.)" I took a few fast steps toward her and with her eyes following me I quickly swept away her legs, caught her, and carried her in bridal style, all whilst moving with sturdy steps through the jungle trees. This only lasted a short few moments until she grew red and pushed me away, making me stumble and her fall. Kiri quickly stood up and pointed at me.

"(What was that for?!)" I put my hands on my hips, whilst her tail rapidly swung from left to right.

"(Didn't you want a demonstration of my puniness?)"

"(Not like that!)"

"(How else then?)"

"(Ugh, just be quiet and follow me home, you are weird, period.)"

"(Fine, whatever floats your boat.)"

"(Just shut up already!)" I may have gone too far in teasing her, so I kept quiet until we reached the Hallelujah Mountains and I had to change my exopack. Kiri asked me a question like Louise had done last night.

"(Where did you get these anyways.)" Her stare drilled itself into my mask.

"(I umm... borrowed... them...?)" She didn't seem convinced, obviously so.

"(I'm not going to pester you with questions about that, so count yourself lucky.)"

"(Yeah, thanks for that.)"I huffed while climbing the last few meters to our base. The sun had started shining down on us a long time ago. It sadly didn't help with me almost falling asleep every second. I wanted to catch my breath but was immediately interrupted by the voice of my mother booming through the base.

"(Firin te Suli Tsyeyk'itan, I think we need to have a talk about listening to orders and keeping yourself save.)" Kiri raised her eyebrows and looked at me. "(The same goes for you too.)" I mocked my sister by mimicking her. Neytiri walked toward us and now said something that both of us could hear. "(Your father and I are very disappointed in you two.)" Kiri didn't seem happy about that.

"(But I only brought him back!)" she argued. Mom, with her ears still laid low, glanced back at her.

"(Did you have permission?)" the older Na'vi said with a voice still laced with venom. Kiri didn't yell this time, she was rather subdued.

"(Well, not really...)"

"(And there is the problem.)" I nudged my sister with my elbow, it wasn't worth it to argue back to, not now at least. We walked to our tent, where we were welcomed by our father with crossed arms.

"(Are you done with your tantrum, Firin?)" he was mad but kept his voice neutral. I was still stingy about not being allowed to fly with Lu'un for two months, so I didn't plan on playing along.

"(I have no idea what you are talking about, dad.)" He scoffed and walked into the tent and sat down, waiting for us to do the same. He still wasn't done though.

"(Stop acting childish. I thought you didn't like me treating you like a child, so stop impersonating one.)" I only glared at him, holding back all the insults my mind wanted to throw at him. I just sat down, like the others, taking off the two rifles and the unused exopacks, laying both pairs behind me. After no one said a word Neytiri opened her mouth and took the word.

"(We think that you, Firin, are a hotheaded idiot. First you start a fight with a Taronyu in training, afterward threatening to cut off his Kuru,)" Kiri gasped next to me and fixated her green eyes on my completely still body. She wanted to speak but Neytiri beat her to it, continuing to list off my wrongs. "(Then you steal his weapon and run away, just because you can't cope with the consequences to your actions.)" I still only glared at her, with no emotion on my face, only hate in my eyes. Since Kiri couldn't speak before she did now.