Chapter 17: The Home Stretch

Two weeks, and Arackniss still found himself thinking back on the Cleanse. He and Pentious had certainly made the best of their time together without any hesitation for time, position, or mess. Just like they'd wanted as well, several times he'd felt as though they had become one person. He'd cursed the morning clock when their twenty-four hours was up, but he was definitely prepared to do it again once his deal with Valentino was done. The thought broke up his blissful reminiscing and he frowned, looking back down at his phone. His plan had worked and Valentino had messaged him that he needed to be at a different club tonight, though he had no idea where this one was in the slightest.

Quickly looking up the address, he found pictures of the outside and froze. He did know where this was, and it wasn't anywhere near failing, that much was certain. Club 666 was one of Valentino's most prestigious establishments, if not the most prestigious. It was constantly advertised, constantly talked about, and always packed with more people than anywhere else. Hell, it required a reservation to get inside, which wasn't something you usually needed or a sex club. So, it was clear that Valentino had taken him from his worst to his best, and he didn't know how to feel about that. As he finished his breakfast and went to get dressed for the night, he called Angel.

"What is it? What did he do now?" There was a panic in his brother's voice that gave Arackniss pause.

"I just have a few questions about something, but first, are you okay? You seem a little... worked up." His brother scoffed.

"Me? Worked up? Because my brother is in the home stretch of a deal with my Overlord that might break my contract forever? Why would you think that?" Arackniss rolled his eyes.

"Alright, the sarcasm isn't lost on me, Tony. I got questions, do you got answers, or am I up shit creek here?" He said and waited while his brother gave him the longest most suffering sigh he could manage.

"Fine, what's your question?" Angel asked.

"Club 666, what do you know about it? What's the dynamic inside, who works there? What's it's deal?" He looked through all of his new wardrobe, trying to think of what he should wear there that would make either the best or worst impression. It would depend on what Angel said which one he chose; friendly or fear.

"Well... Club 666 is Val's big boy." Arackniss paused and opened his mouth to ask what the hell that meant, but Angel kept going. "It's his biggest, highest grossing club with the least amount of issues. Inside, it's teched up thanks to Vox; screens, cameras, listening devices, you name it, it's probably in there. So, do not talk about anything that Val won't like. Schmooze the clients, make orders, do what you need to do, but don't be friendly with others. They ain't gonna be friendly with you anyways for the same damn reason." Arackniss took note of everything Angel said and committed it to memory. "Also, you can't manipulate them like you did the last place. These fuckers will literally not care, because at the end of the day, this ain't a strip joint." He nodded along until the last part and then froze.

"What? What the fuck does that mean?" He heard his brother groan.

"Do you not know the difference between a strip club and a sex club?" The other man asked as he pulled out a dark gray slouchy sweater dress and debated on it.

"Anthony, they're both sex joints. There isn't a difference." Maybe he jumped the gun there, because his brother burst into a fit of laughter that had him gasping in seconds.

"Not a difference?! Al, there's a big difference when it comes to Val!" His brother caught his breath and sighed. "Okay, look, down here where Val is concerned, the difference is pretty big. You still dance at a sex club, just like a strip joint, there's just one really big thing; you're dancing to show off the goods while people bid on you." And now he was staring at his phone in shock.